Print Page | Close Window

1990 Ski Nautique side decals and pin striping

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50206
Printed Date: April-25-2024 at 10:59am

Topic: 1990 Ski Nautique side decals and pin striping
Posted By: Underwood
Subject: 1990 Ski Nautique side decals and pin striping
Date Posted: September-07-2021 at 10:42pm
Hi all!
I have all the decals I need to restore my 1990 Ski Nautiqe *except* the side SKI NAUTIQUE decals and pinkish pin striping in 1/2 and 1/4".  Nautique parts doesn't have them.  Are the side decals the same as the 89?  Does anyone know where to find recreations?  Thank you SO much!

Replies:
Posted By: wkeith
Date Posted: September-08-2021 at 10:29am
I have the same boat and would like the decals and pinstriping too!

Posted By: SN1990DD
Date Posted: October-07-2021 at 2:21am
Hello everyone from Germany. Thank you for the admission. I recently bought a 1990 Ski Nautique. It has the large lying area. An absolutely great boat. I have exactly the same design as seen in the photo here. Since the decals are already a bit broken, I would like to renew them. So I'll join the search and would be happy to get some tips. I need the two thin stripes and the words "Ski Nautique". It's the one with the little squares, if you know what I mean. Greetings from Germany. Daniel

Posted By: Bamanautique91
Date Posted: May-18-2022 at 11:47am
I got the pinstripes for my boat from  http://pinstripesupply.com/pinstripes-by-color" rel="nofollow - https://pinstripesupply.com/pinstripes-by-color

My boat color scheme is different, so I ordered white(1/2), and Ice Blue(1/4 &  1/2) You can see the new pinstripes and new decals I have put on my boat in the pic below.

I have been unable to find the "Ski Nautique" recreation logos for ours either, since they lean differently on each side too.  I have thought about going to a sign shop and seeing if they can re-create.  Mine however is the black variety, unlike the pic above which is white. (see my boat below.

-------------
Ryan

91 Ski Nautique
Huntsville, AL

Posted By: pjsmoreno
Date Posted: May-18-2022 at 2:35pm

Hard to tell from your pictures if they are a march. Here are my pics on my ’89 Ski Nautique. The transom decal was done by GarzonStudio, a couple of months ago due to the original white lettering worn off pretty much. They did a great match up. Currently in the process of getting the oxidation off the gelcoat. So, I will be replacing all the decals except the large side Ski Nautique decals which is still in great shape.

Date Posted: May-18-2022 at 2:46pm
Mine are a close match.. all the side rear decals are from Nautique Parts as well as my slant back transom decals. I wet sanded, cut and buffed but I can still see some ghosting as the the new decals are not a perfect match mainly the Correct Craft Globe decals.  The square and triangle decals covered any ghosting.  I didn't do the large Ski Nautique on the sides either, looking for a source for those.  

-------------
Ryan

91 Ski Nautique
Huntsville, AL

Date Posted: May-19-2022 at 9:19am
Beautiful boat! I assume the bottom striping of 1/4" and 1/2" are separate stripes. What is the space in between, 1/4"?
I need the white side decals "Ski Nautique" too. Be glad to share costs to get stencils made up.
Walter

Date Posted: May-19-2022 at 9:22am
Yes 1/4. After I laid the first(big stripe) over the gel coat color change I marked 1/4 inch down ever couple feet and followed those marks.

-------------
Ryan

91 Ski Nautique
Huntsville, AL

Date Posted: May-19-2022 at 9:31am
Great, thanks!

Posted By: MourningWood
Date Posted: May-19-2022 at 11:47am
There are companies that produce rolls of automotive/marine pinstripe with the 1/4" stripe/space/1/2" stripe all-in-one. They roll out together making it much easier and perhaps a better result.

-------------
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: May-19-2022 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by MourningWood MourningWood wrote:

There are companies that produce rolls of automotive/marine pinstripe with the 1/4" stripe/space/1/2" stripe all-in-one. They roll out together making it much easier and perhaps a better result.

If you find one that is Red 1/2" and Black 1/4" separation of 1/4" let me know.
 I've been searching for quite a while with no luck.

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: May-20-2022 at 6:29am
Originally posted by MourningWood MourningWood wrote:

Spoken like someone that hasn’t actually looked for such a thing (especially in the desired color and vinyl type appropriate for the application).

Date Posted: May-20-2022 at 10:39am
Sorry,  I'm not a personal shopper, but maybe there is something here. Or maybe one of the companies can make up what is needed...

https://www.google.com/search?q=automotive+pinstripe+multi-stripe&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&vet=1&fir=Ashs_bKIlflIRM%252CFEi4WPmSjX3Z_M%252C_%253BDHwpZ53ODYe0UM%252CGzal0vmflvjQgM%252C_%253BSLo80ice5Uu3PM%252CFE0VAgRA-3H_fM%252C_%253B5iVZqQQCXgHkjM%252C7x_9Off15fwBLM%252C_%253BvuHJAUbpTjJ-OM%252Cbo2eTslM2MLgTM%252C_%253Bh53TmKGN5kESyM%252C2AZyMl0-rf1b9M%252C_%253BKDDD9CtNeGO56M%252Cbo2eTslM2MLgTM%252C_%253BFTHPHRj01csWEM%252CszMXMz8tj5gVtM%252C_%253BAzXuLtarO40BPM%252Cbo2eTslM2MLgTM%252C_%253Bg33LtLg_ipx7aM%252CjppU4wRReMmn4M%252C_&usg=AI4_-kRUlE6eSSQXxaeIfXVoZY3ymX_5tA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjD5b7ipu73AhVriI4IHWhDCScQ9QF6BAgEEAE" rel="nofollow - automotive pinstripe multi-stripe

-------------
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"

Date Posted: May-20-2022 at 11:13am
Feel free to fact check before posting, or at least don’t take offense if someone calls you out on bad info.

There won’t be any 1/2”-1/4” gap-1/4” pinstripe at the link provided, several of us know how difficult it is to find, especially in a quality (cast) vinyl. WL sells black and red, there are no other widely available options (colors) anywhere AFAIK. you can either have a small run made, as I did last year (charcoal), you can have someone make a cheaper calendared vinyl, or you can lay 2 stripes as was done here… those are the options.

Date Posted: May-20-2022 at 11:58am
I'd forgotten that the early 90's CC had two-color stripes on some models...

Good to know that CCF has a dis-information Czar to pummel the voice of someone trying to offer help, however slightly erroneous that help might be. 

-------------
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: May-20-2022 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Feel free to fact check before posting, or at least don’t take offense if someone calls you out on bad info.

Kinda reminds me of some fact checking about pinstriping colors that somebody should have done before posting  some stuff about colors in the thread in the link Wink

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50226&title=double-pinstripe-tape-8592-sold" rel="nofollow - link

Just what color stripes were there on an 85 SN?

Posted By: gun-driver
Date Posted: May-20-2022 at 2:47pm
Now kids if we’re not going to play nice together in the sand box…we’re not going to be able to play at all.

Date Posted: May-20-2022 at 3:42pm
I’M OFFENDED

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: May-20-2022 at 9:01pm
I'm entertained Wink

I'm also wondering why CC couldn't put the stripes in the gelcoat like some other builders were doing

Posted By: MartyMabe
Date Posted: August-02-2022 at 2:27pm
Who wants to be the guinea pig in this endeavor?
 My vinyl guy might have this decal figured out.
If someone wants to shoot me $125 to let him go ahead with the design and then whomever tries them out to see if these are going to be worthy then e-mail me.

mtmabe@northstate.net

-------------
66 Skylark
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5041" rel="nofollow - 93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!

Date Posted: August-02-2022 at 2:53pm
Do you already have the artwork ready to?

Posted By: ScottZ
Date Posted: August-03-2022 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

I'm entertained Wink

I'm also wondering why CC couldn't put the stripes in the gelcoat like some other builders were doing

Minimizing production costs

-------------
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier

Print Page | Close Window