Print Page | Close Window

just a photo

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Ski, Ride and Foot Talk
Forum Discription: Share photos, techniques, discuss equipment, etc.
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50063
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 11:07am

Topic: just a photo
Posted By: SugarbushBoater
Subject: just a photo
Date Posted: July-25-2021 at 8:31pm
I'm an infrequent poster but thought I'd share a photo of my 84 Southwind on the Waterbury (VT) reservoir.  We were boat camping.  Sadly, as just 2 of us, we didn't get a chance to waterski.  I've had some issues with cooling.  this time running without a thermostat and of course was running cold. I need to put thermostat back in and see if I fixed other pumping problems (replace impeller).  but the old V8 is running pretty well!  It does make its presence known!

Replies:
Posted By: Gary S
Date Posted: July-25-2021 at 9:52pm
Looking great!

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1711&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1966&yrend=1970" rel="nofollow - 69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: July-26-2021 at 5:20am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Looking great!

It sure is! Thumbs Up

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Nautiquehunter
Date Posted: July-26-2021 at 7:19am
One of the best things about Georgia is NO spotter is required as long as you have a mirror. Mask sure you get a genuine Sherwood impeller . I just went through a month of cooling issues with my 67 . I replaced about everything only to find the new impeller I put in was the problem. 

Posted By: SugarbushBoater
Date Posted: July-26-2021 at 7:59am
thanks for the advice.  I bought a Jabsco on ebay which I put in before this trip out.  Seems to be pumping well but I'll buy a Sherwood for the next swap.  Is there anything special about the thermostat?  Or can a regular car one work?  I suppose it's out there but what's the best parts source for the engine?  this is only my second summer with the boat.

I don't have a mirror and while compared to some lakes this isn't crowded with boats, there are lots of paddleboards, kayaks and canoes.  And swimmers for that matter.  so you need to keep a close eye on the water!  

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: July-26-2021 at 8:20am
Rob

If you want to know about things like parts for your engine, it would be good to tell what you have for an engine or better yet post a picture or 2 or 3 of the engine also Wink

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: July-26-2021 at 8:26am
Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

One of the best things about Georgia is NO spotter is required as long as you have a mirror. 

Wisconsin went no spotter a couple years ago too but, I don't feel it's such a good idea. The driver really needs to keep an eye on were he's going especially on days when the lake is crowded. I will not pull anyone without a spotter. 

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Donald80SN
Date Posted: July-26-2021 at 4:47pm
Great looking boat

-------------
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.

Posted By: Nautiquehunter
Date Posted: July-27-2021 at 6:47am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Nautiquehunter Nautiquehunter wrote:

One of the best things about Georgia is NO spotter is required as long as you have a mirror. 

Wisconsin went no spotter a couple years ago too but, I don't feel it's such a good idea. The driver really needs to keep an eye on were he's going especially on days when the lake is crowded. I will not pull anyone without a spotter. 

That's fine if you don't feel comfortable with a mirror . At least you don't have the government cramming another law down your throat for your own good.

Posted By: pjsmoreno
Date Posted: July-27-2021 at 10:20am
Lakes here in Missouri on the weekends can be overly crowed with boats in my opinion. I usually stay away unless someone wants to go at first light and pull off by 9:00 -10:00 am. I do my skiing on the weekdays.

Print Page | Close Window