Forum Name: Boat Maintenance
Forum Discription: Discuss maintenance of your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50043
Printed Date: April-24-2024 at 1:27am

Topic: 1983 SN 2001 dash wiring photos
Posted By: dasboat
Subject: 1983 SN 2001 dash wiring photos
Date Posted: July-21-2021 at 1:29pm
Can someone with 1983 SN 2001 take some photos of the wiring behind the dash for me? I had an electrical issue while out on the water and I hastily tried to fix the issue and disconnected some wires. I have an idea and also have a hand drawn wiring diagram but it doesn't seem complete or the same as my boat. thanks again!

Replies:
Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: July-21-2021 at 8:11pm
Since nobody seems to be diving under their dash to take pictures, why don't you describe your problem and maybe you'll get some help?  Wink

Date Posted: July-22-2021 at 10:12am
Yeah that is a tall order and I understand, sure is a pain to get under there and take some clear pictures.

So I was out on the water all was fine, cut the motor off and anchored for a few hours. When I go back to start it, the dash won't get any power. New battery and ran the bilge so no power issues. But it was a complete power disconnect to the dash and therefore not starting either. Figured it was a fuse or a shorted/disconnected wire. Troubleshot everything you could imagine and there were a few loose connections which I tightened. In the end had to get a tow and never figured it out on the water.

After some research I figured it to be the neutral safety switch and changed that out. Still nothing. Then when I removed the grey colored electrical cover with "Pleasurecraft Marine Engines" written on it I noticed the red button with "40" written on it. Pushed that button and voila. And then I noticed the button is actually visible through that cover. Imagine how dumb I felt... whoops! 

Anyways now I have a loose light grey colored wire behind the dash. Seems to be for the bow and stern lights. I don't want to create another issue so I'm apprehensive to just attach it where I think it goes. I would post pictures if I could. 

Date Posted: July-22-2021 at 10:13am
Also, what would cause that red button to trip?

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: July-22-2021 at 10:31am

I'd imagine you have the black and white of this picture, skillfully colored by JTerr when he was having some issues.

Besides the lights, there's also a gray wire going to the tach (it's colored black in his picture, but says gray.

Date Posted: July-22-2021 at 10:40am
exactly what I needed! I did have the black and white copy. thanks so much!

Posted By: Jonny Quest
Date Posted: July-22-2021 at 11:27am
We don’t need a reference section…just put up a link to KENO.

-------------
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Print Page | Close Window