Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=48334
Printed Date: April-24-2024 at 8:48pm

Topic: Need hole sizes in 68 Mustang plexi windshield
Posted By: zwoobah
Subject: Need hole sizes in 68 Mustang plexi windshield
Date Posted: January-13-2020 at 7:14pm
Ordering a new windshield from UPD for my '68 Mustang. My boat is currently shrink wrapped and under a couple feet of snow. Given that production time is 7 weeks, I want to get this ordered now so it's ready in advance of boating season.

UPD offers drill bits to put holes in the new windshield. I need to know what size bits to order. I have the six mounting hardware holes along the bottom that are likely 1/4"-3/8", and smaller holes along the top for the rivets on the aluminum strip.

Anyone have an accessible boat and the ability to measure the holes? Thanks!

-------------
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered

Replies:
Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: January-13-2020 at 9:00pm
Chris,
Sorry I can't help with the hole size but I can regarding the drill bit for acrylic.

http://www.glapinc.com/Misc/drillbit.htm" rel="nofollow - Bits are ground for a zero rake angle just like cast iron and copper alloys.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: January-13-2020 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by zwoobah zwoobah wrote:

Ordering a new windshield from UPD for my '68 Mustang. My boat is currently shrink wrapped and under a couple feet of snow.

I can't help either, but I think you should get your snow measuring stick calibrated

Posted By: Nautiquehunter
Date Posted: January-14-2020 at 11:07am
I will go down and look

Posted By: zwoobah
Date Posted: January-14-2020 at 4:48pm
Pete - thanks for the pointer on the bits. I think I’ll have them start making the glass and can always order bits in the spring if needed.

Ken - you’re right. Unfortunately the snow is all gone by now. We briefly had the snowmobile trails open, almost down to mud everywhere this week. More snow is supposedly on the way.

Michael - thanks! This will be a big help

-------------
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered

Posted By: KENO
Date Posted: January-14-2020 at 6:08pm

Ken - you’re right. Unfortunately the snow is all gone by now.

I wish I wasn't right but I guess it's Mother Nature showing us who's really in control

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: January-14-2020 at 8:54pm

. Unfortunately the snow is all gone by now. We briefly had the snowmobile trails open, almost down to mud everywhere this week.

Need to borrow some snow? Here's the forecast:

Tonight: A slight chance of snow before 7pm, then a slight chance of snow after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 14. West wind 5 to 8 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Wednesday: Snow, mainly after 9am. High near 24. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of around 3 inches.

Wednesday Night: A 50 percent chance of snow, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 2. West northwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Thursday: Mostly sunny and cold, with a high near 7. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around -7.

Friday: Snow likely after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 23. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday Night: Snow. Cloudy, with a low around 19.

Saturday: Snow. Cloudy, with a high near 27.

Saturday Night: Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 7.

Sunday: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 13.

That "snow" word is sure mentioned a lot. The new stuff will be on top of the 24" or so we already have.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Print Page | Close Window