Forum Name: Boat Parts For Sale
Forum Discription: Parts for sale only
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=47330
Printed Date: April-29-2024 at 3:39am

Topic: barracuda windshields
Posted By: 93/70 ccpb
Subject: barracuda windshields
Date Posted: April-06-2019 at 4:27pm
one complete all hardware ........   other one just glass(port/aft) no hardware. will post pics later.

-------------
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!

Replies:
Posted By: ArtCozier
Date Posted: April-06-2019 at 11:21pm
What is the wingtip to wingtip width? I know that it can vary some by moving the angle between the halves, but I'd like to know the "normal" width. In what part of the country is it located?

-------------
"Art"

Date Posted: April-07-2019 at 12:01am
hello art,dan monahan in ohio,i think it is 72 inches across and 15 high ,but ill check on sunday to be sure

-------------
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!

Date Posted: April-07-2019 at 11:57am
Great, thanks. I was hoping I could make it fit a first-generation Ski Nautique (1963) but it sounds as though it will be too wide. I don't remember a Barracuda being that wide, but still would like to know the width.

-------------
"Art"

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: April-07-2019 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by ArtCozier ArtCozier wrote:

Great, thanks. I was hoping I could make it fit a first-generation Ski Nautique (1963) but it sounds as though it will be too wide. I don't remember a Barracuda being that wide, but still would like to know the width.

Art,
The 72 sounds correct for a Cuda. The beam listed for the Cuda's is 81.5" What's up with the existing windshield on the SN?

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: April-07-2019 at 3:04pm
     72 wide by 20 1/2 hiigh

-------------

Date Posted: April-07-2019 at 4:48pm
Pete. the problem with the '64 SN windshield is that it doesn't exist. I bought the boat years ago (without w/s) and I hope to soon restore it. I had hoped to get Taylor Made to bend one for me, but I think it would be cost-prohibitive. It's the old plastic one-piece windshield. If the BARR would fit width-wise, I would probably buy it and use it. It's a glass windshield, and the aluminum hardware is mostly available, so it wouldn't be too hard to make it look new. I have heard that some of the guys on CCFan have gotten them made by Taylor, and years ago one of their reps told me that it is possible, but I have now lost that contact.

-------------
"Art"

Date Posted: April-07-2019 at 6:03pm
sorry all,i do have aluminium trim for both windshields,one is just missing center section and 2 small front supports,

-------------

Posted By: zwoobah
Date Posted: April-30-2019 at 8:38pm
How much do you want for the complete windshield? Could it be shipped?

-------------
1968 Mustang 16 - 351W powered

Date Posted: April-30-2019 at 10:05pm
zwoobah i just sent you a pm.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window