Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4254
Printed Date: June-15-2024 at 1:52pm

Topic: Engine Hesitation
Posted By: tiger
Subject: Engine Hesitation
Date Posted: July-21-2006 at 11:09pm
I have a 93 Ski Natique and I'm experiencing some hesitation when accelerating. It acts like it's starving for fuel, when I open it up it's runs fine but as soon as I back it off the throttle it starves out again. Could it be the water fuel seperator? Maybe some bad gas from the lake?

Replies:
Posted By: LakeBoy
Date Posted: July-22-2006 at 9:06pm
When was the last time you changed the fuel filter? There are also a lot of little screens that can clog from where fuel comes out of the tank, until it hits the pump. Check for an in-line filter. My 95, which had little maintenance done on it before I bought it, was so clogged you could not blow through it.

Posted By: 83SN2001
Date Posted: July-22-2006 at 9:55pm
may be your accelerator( i know this is spelled wrong) pump on the carb. Check to see if gas squirts into the carb when you move the throttle arm.

Posted By: GottaSki
Date Posted: July-23-2006 at 10:28am
Can't just be the accel pump if its starving when backing off...

from the given info, I suspect a piece of crap in the primary bowl plugging a main jet.

Don't run it hard anyway unless for quick diagnosis, the lean condition can frag a piston or valve.

-------------
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole

Posted By: tommer12
Date Posted: July-23-2006 at 6:26pm
I had my accelrator pump go on my 92... then my pv went also.

Print Page | Close Window