Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35397
Printed Date: May-22-2024 at 3:18am

Topic: Yeti vs Pelican
Posted By: crabman
Subject: Yeti vs Pelican
Date Posted: February-11-2015 at 2:52pm
Looking at getting a cooler before the Summer hits and wanted to know anyone's thoughts on a Yeti or Pelican. Likes and dislikes. Also if there is another brand you would consider.

Pelican: http://www.pelicancases.com/progear-coolers-s/138.htm

Yeti: http://yeticoolers.com/coolers/shop-by-activity/fishing-marine-coolers/

Would probably get a 45QT in Teal (pelican) to match the boat :)

Replies:
Posted By: Treybizttu
Date Posted: February-11-2015 at 2:59pm
I have 3 Yeti's and nothing but good things to say about them. I won one several years ago at a hunting raffle and ended up with two more to cover different size color needs. 45 is a great size.
I have a Roadie, a 65, and a 120. All serve a purpose and all though all three are beat up looking they work great and have been bulletproof up to this point.

Posted By: Orlando76
Date Posted: February-11-2015 at 3:22pm
I have a yeti from 50 years ago. Cost me a mortgage payment. It weighs 200lbs. twice the size it needs to be. Keeps ice wildly longer, if you go in it once a day. Works great at the hunting camp for storing ice/killed game. In reality. As a beer cooler that you go into every :20, it won't stay colder any longer than a Coleman that doesnt exceed my USCG weight capacity. Pelican is every bit of good, better colors, better latches, few coins less. But unfortunately it's way cooler to have a yeti hat and yeti sticker on your truck. Also consider Engel. I have a 300 qt Engel that is worthy of praise.

Posted By: phatsat67
Date Posted: February-11-2015 at 3:22pm
I probably need to invest in a good cooler.

-------------

Date Posted: February-11-2015 at 3:41pm
They don't magically make ice or anything but durability sold me. I'm hard on equipment.

Posted By: 74Wind
Date Posted: February-11-2015 at 3:55pm
Can't swing a dead cat in rural georgia without hitting a pickup with a yeti sticker in the back window

-------------
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II

Date Posted: February-11-2015 at 4:00pm
The Yeti and other outdoor brand stickers always make me laugh. It's like adverstising... To a thief.... Nobody else cares you have a fancy cooler but the guy with sticky fingers.

(Disclaimer: My tahoe has a yeti sticker on it but it is in a field or a barn 93.7% of it's life.)

Posted By: rebel skier
Date Posted: February-11-2015 at 4:00pm
They seem like a heavy pain in the rear to me, but as dad of the house I get to carry everything.

Now that I have my 85 SN 2001 I have been thinking of trying one of these Kelty folding coolers to have a few cup holder options on the boat.

http://www.kelty.com/p-579-folding-cooler.aspx" rel="nofollow - Kelty cooler

I have been kind of spoiled. My IO has a built in cooler and lots of cup holders.

Posted By: Orlando76
Date Posted: February-11-2015 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Can't swing a dead cat in rural georgia without hitting a pickup with a yeti sticker in the back window

or a Costa Del Mar sticker or a Salt Life sticker.

Posted By: crabman
Date Posted: February-12-2015 at 3:17pm
After much looking into things, I find that both are going to be equally effective. I like the drain system on the Pelican, as well as the lifetime warranty (90 days for the seal) . Not really sure I'm a 100% sold on the latches of either, I lean towards the Pelican, just because the GF can use them. I've heard that Yeti's can be a pain some times, but also worry about the Pelican ones breaking. I like the design of the Yeti a bit better. Going to hopefully look at them this weekend and make a decision. 45Qt or 65QT is the question, the 65QT I think is going to be a bit to lug around though.

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: February-12-2015 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Orlando76 Orlando76 wrote:

Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

or a Costa Del Mar sticker or a Salt Life sticker.

Or http://www.ebay.com/itm/271225360994" rel="nofollow - Water Slut on a red Ram in Indiana. I'll give Larry a minute on this one.

-------------

Date Posted: February-12-2015 at 3:30pm
Lol

-------------

Date Posted: February-12-2015 at 3:47pm
My Dad has a 45 we got him for christmas and the size is good for an afternoon or 1-2 road trip. Plus its manageable for him by himself.

My 65 is heavy loaded. My wife can't carry it loaded down.

Date Posted: February-12-2015 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Treybizttu Treybizttu wrote:

My wife can't carry it loaded down.

That is a good thing haha

-------------

Date Posted: February-12-2015 at 6:36pm
Bwahahaahaha.

I'm glad I married a tall woman so our kids can be huge but I'm also very glad I didn't marry a linebacker. (I'm out chick-d for sure).

Posted By: Hollywood
Date Posted: February-18-2015 at 5:14pm
Larry, you let me down.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window