Print Page | Close Window

Engine Warning Light/Low oil level

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=26185
Printed Date: June-17-2024 at 8:55am

Topic: Engine Warning Light/Low oil level
Posted By: Tarheel Blue
Subject: Engine Warning Light/Low oil level
Date Posted: May-28-2012 at 7:37pm
1996 Sport Nautique with the GT 40/EFI. Engine warning light/Low oil pressure came on while underway today and engine shut down. She was 1 qt. low. Added a quart, disconnected the positive battery cable to reset the Pro-tec feature for 5 minutes, reconnected the cable. Checked the oil level, all good to go. Then attempted to restart, and it still won't crank up. Have I missed something?

Advice/help most welcome. Thanks.

Replies:
Posted By: MartyMabe
Date Posted: May-28-2012 at 11:28pm
It didn't pop out your main breaker on the back of the motor did it? I guess yours would have this feature also. Might have to let it cool down about an hour or so also.

-------------
66 Skylark
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5041" rel="nofollow - 93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!

Posted By: ultrarunner
Date Posted: May-28-2012 at 11:46pm
One quart low sends the shut down signal?

Date Posted: May-29-2012 at 12:37am
Engine turns over, but won't start. Will check the main breaker. Thanks for the tip on that.

Posted By: TX Foilhead
Date Posted: May-29-2012 at 2:30am
I'm doubting the main breaker if it's cranking, that would take out your ignition switch as well. The ProTec does have another 12.5 amp breaker, check that one they should be together.

Posted By: Bri892001
Date Posted: May-30-2012 at 2:39pm
Wait, is this a Protec motor though, or a GT-40?
Use the http://www.skidim.com/marinization.asp" rel="nofollow - Skidim Engine ID Gallery if you're not sure.

Posted By: kapla
Date Posted: May-30-2012 at 3:58pm
96 should be a gt40 non protec at all...

-------------
<a href="">1992 ski nautique

Date Posted: June-04-2012 at 3:18pm
Many thanks to Tommy at White Lake Marine for helping me troubleshoot the starting problem over the telephone no less. WLM is for real. Turned out to be I hadn't drained off the water in the Fuel Control Cell since taking ownership, nor changed the filter. Now I know. Also learned that the boat should be stored with a full tank of fuel over the winter months. AND....I was wrong about my boat being equipped w/the Pro-Tech system. I'm such a rookie. Hope this helps someone else avoid being stranded on the water and the embarrassment of a tow.

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: June-04-2012 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by Tarheel Blue Tarheel Blue wrote:

1996 Sport Nautique with the GT 40/EFI. Engine warning light/Low oil pressure came on while underway today and engine shut down. She was 1 qt. low. Added a quart.

Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

One quart low sends the shut down signal?

I detect Mark is being a little facetious here!   

No a quart low will not trigger to system. Note it is an oil pressure warning and not a low oil warning. For the system to trigger on no oil pressure, you would need to be so low on oil that the oil pump pick up sucks air. That's low!!! The only other thing to get low pressure is an oil pump failure.

Mitch,
I'm glad WLM was able to help out and you found the problem. now, go skiing, boarding and or boating but, keep in mind you don't have a Tube Nautique!!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: June-04-2012 at 9:40pm
I told you Tommy would help if you could get him on the phone. Remember I told you it was probably nothing to do with the warning light?

-------------
Tim D

Date Posted: June-06-2012 at 12:26am
Tim, forecast looks good for this weekend. Get your "honey-Do's" done before Saturday. LKW is nice and high now, w/water going over the dam. See you on the lake.

Mitch

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: June-06-2012 at 12:52am
Maybe the wind will stop since the two tropical storms are finally out of here.

-------------
Tim D

Date Posted: June-06-2012 at 12:58am
TD, you should have seen LKW at sunset this evening. The water was as slick as a freshly scraped ice rink, minus the occasional surfacing of a 12 foot gator.

Print Page | Close Window