Print Page | Close Window

Airguide Speedometer Faces (White 60's-70's)

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Off Topic
Forum Discription: Anything non-Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19955
Printed Date: April-19-2024 at 1:23pm

Topic: Airguide Speedometer Faces (White 60's-70's)
Posted By: JMurph
Subject: Airguide Speedometer Faces (White 60's-70's)
Date Posted: November-11-2010 at 5:36pm
I am almost done having the late 60's, early 70's Airguide speedometer faces reproduced. They look like this:

I was at the shop today to test a sample. They are turning out pretty good, but I have a couple of decisions to make. The sample had a completely white background, which was startling to me. It look a little too new. I am having the shop do one with a slight pigment for the background, but it will still basically be white.

The one that he had was attached to a polystyrene backing with a hole for the needle and a whole for the stop pin. It seemed to work, but was concerned about the needle binding. The sample was attached to .030" polystyrene so it could drop right onto the existing faceplate. That way there would be no worrying about placing a sticker off center, etc. The original faceplate is about .060" thick. I think a better solution is to ditch the original faceplate and simply go with .060" polystyrene. The only issue with this is that the stop pin would need to be reattached. to the new faceplate.

Reattaching the pin seems fairly simple. Those pins were originally punched in (not screwed in), so an appropriate size whole and super glue should work fine.

I'm interested in your opinions before I give the final go ahead.

Replies:
Posted By: dwcar
Date Posted: April-23-2011 at 12:44pm
Jmurph,

did you finish these? I have a guy looking for them. I will send him your way.

-------------
83Ski

Posted By: JMurph
Date Posted: April-24-2011 at 11:41pm
Yes Don. I have the white Airguide faces pictured above. Let me know if your buddy needs a couple. Simply make a donation to the website for $10.00, forward me the confirmation email with the name and address of the recipient and I'll send one out.

I will probably bring some to White Lake also.

-------------

Posted By: WetSet3
Date Posted: May-03-2022 at 2:19am
I would love to get ahold of some of mid 70’s style air guides. I have a 74 with one original and one newer style. Would be great to have a matched, period-correct pair

-------------
Alan Baron

1989 Ski Nautique 2001 - Original Owner
1974 Ski Nautique - Ralph Meloon Promo, National Tow Boat
2010 Ski Nautique 200
1978 18' Hallet Mini Cruiser - Ex Ski Racer

Print Page | Close Window