Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1690
Printed Date: May-14-2024 at 5:46am

Topic: GT40 warm engine troubles
Posted By: Guests
Subject: GT40 warm engine troubles
Date Posted: May-19-2005 at 2:47pm
The boat will run fine for 30 minutes to an hour. Then she starts smoking and dumping fuel. Very erratic and will not idle. Strange, but for the first 30 minutes to an hour she runs fine. Any ideas?

Replies:
Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: May-19-2005 at 6:11pm
Check the water temp sensor for the EFI.

-------------
Tim D

Date Posted: May-23-2005 at 6:26pm
Well I know what it is not. the coil, act.ect, map, air bypass sensors are checked out okay . the two fuel pumps checked out also. So, I have ordered a computer ($550). For those buying new boats with all the high dollar tech, I would reconsider looking at a carbuerated version unless you have vast amounts of money. I am learning that as with cars also, problems with the new tech. electronics have very high maintenance costs. seems to me that carbuerators with more reliable over the long run and cheaper too. Just my 2 cents.

Posted By: Jim_In_Houston
Date Posted: May-23-2005 at 6:50pm
When did they start putting computers in boats? What a bummer.

-------------
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: May-24-2005 at 11:34am
Is it throttle body injection or port injection? On a car, it the air flow/mass sensor is bad it will flood bad enough that gas will pour out the heads when you take the plugs out.

-------------
Tim D

Date Posted: May-30-2005 at 4:17am
The computer has been replaced. It seems that this has corrected the problem. Boat has run fine for a half a day on the lake. I got the part from www.skidim.com. Excellent inboard parts store with the best technical support I've experienced. Vince is the man that you need to talk to at Discount Inboard Marine. He helped me to solve this problem with my Ski Nautique.

Print Page | Close Window