Print Page | Close Window

Cup Holders

Printed From: CorrectCraftFan.com
Category: General Correct Craft Discussion
Forum Name: Common Questions
Forum Discription: Visit here first for common questions regarding your Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16808
Printed Date: June-09-2024 at 7:25pm

Topic: Cup Holders
Posted By: tedrowtown
Subject: Cup Holders
Date Posted: March-15-2010 at 11:38pm
I haven't had my 84 SN very long, but long enough to realize no place to put my drink. I bought six cup holders, but I'm hesitant to put holes in the dash for them. Has anyone ever put cup holders in the engine cover? Good, bad?

Thanks!!

-------------
Troy

Replies:
Posted By: adamt
Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 12:27am
Go ahead and do it, it's your boat, the only negative is that you will be banned for life from this website

-------------
-Adam

1973 Skier

Posted By: tullfooter
Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 12:44am
Welcome Troy
You can tell by Adam's response, most guys on this site like to keep their boats original.
Isn't there two cup holders in the corners of your dash?

-------------
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Posted By: boat dr
Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 1:57am
We wont be that harsh,ban him from Reunions yes, from the site , only probation.......
You can clean the carpet easier than repairing a hole..........

-------------
boat dr

/diaries/details.asp?ID=4631 - 1949 Dart
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1533 - 1964 American Skier

Posted By: Keuka
Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 2:12am
Not to mention how fast the heat from the engine will warm the cold ones.

-------------
86 Martinique

Posted By: davee40
Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 2:37am
oops

-------------
davee40
lakeland,fl

Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 2:38am
dont ask dont tell

-------------
davee40
lakeland,fl

Posted By: YooperSully
Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 2:39am
I don't have my boat out of storage yet, but am hoping that this would fit near the rear seat on each side.
http://greatlakesskipper.com/product/3_117-cabin-and-galley-miscellaneous-cabin-supplies/5893--side-mounted-boat-panel-w-cup-holders-tray.html - Cup holder

-------------
87' 2001

Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 2:45am
Hollywood will spank you with a noodle   

-------------
davee40
lakeland,fl

Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 8:01am
Wow, thanks for the responses, no my boat doesn't have any cup holders in the dash. From what I've seen, I guess once I take a cold one out of the cooler, I need to empty it before I set it down!! haha

-------------
Troy

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 9:08am
Troy,
As mentioned, you will probably get better advice over on other sites like 2001.com or wakeboarder.com but be carefull. They have a problem with measuring the correct size for the hole saw so consequently most will use a Sawsall.

Only six cups? There should be room for at least 12. You need some in the gunwales too.

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Posted By: Morfoot
Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 9:21am
Troy instead of drilling holes in the boat you could always use these. Suction cup holders work so-so and the folding cupholders you could mount to the bottom of the engine cover in the front or in the back.

-------------
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"

Date Posted: March-16-2010 at 11:22am
Ok, thanks for the advice, I need to build a back seat since it didn't come with one, so I can put some there. I was thinking of 12, but didn't want the boat riddled with holes!!! haha

-------------
Troy

Posted By: bzirk
Date Posted: March-19-2010 at 5:07pm
I have an 83 BFN with no cup holders. I just got 6 folding ones like in the pic above and 5 drill a big ass hole cup holders. I tried the suction cup ones. They do suck.   Post what you come up with, because I may not have the nerve for a while to start drilling holes.

Posted By: akabulla
Date Posted: March-19-2010 at 8:14pm
Welcome! I am one of the outcasts mentioned above . I rebuilt my boat last year and when I bought it, it came with 1000 parts which included about 15 cup holders that came out of a 2005 Sport. I am not a fan of cutting holes in my dash but I say do what you gotta do to make it functional and to enjoy it! I cut a few holes in my dash because my rebuild was far from orginal and I wanted a glove box to hold stuff and my radio!   I love the orginal look and have much respect for keeping things orginal but I brought my boat back from the dead so didn't feel to bad making a few mods to the orginal design. After cutting this hole I think a few cup holders (which I want bad) won't be much of a task.

I plan on putting two next to the glove box and one above the shifter where they have them in the newer boats.

I did find this mod which is pretty nice if you don't want to cut any holes in the dash. If you plan on putting in speakers then this would work well and you can take them out if you sell the boat. Of course this would only work for the back seat passengers and not the driver. But if your driving then you have time to sit back, relax and drink a few!

http://www.the2001.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=490&start=75 - Speaker Pod and Cup Holder Mod

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: March-21-2010 at 12:23am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Only six cups? There should be room for at least 12. You need some in the gunwales too.

Alright...who stole our Pete? We want him returned right now.....

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: 8122pbrainard
Date Posted: March-21-2010 at 8:44am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

john

John,
Wake up! You should have caught on when I mentioned cutting the cup holder holes with Sawsall that I was being factious.

Looking back on that post, I need to go back and edit it with some "winky" emoticons otherwise someone may actually try to cut cup holder holes with a sawsall!

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=1622" rel="nofollow -

54 Atom

/diaries/details.asp?ID=2179" rel="nofollow - 77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Date Posted: March-21-2010 at 9:47pm
I finally figured out a way to get cup holders, but not create any holes in the boat I will regret later. I simply replaced my lid in the floor with another lid with a box mounted on top. This is going to work perfect.

-------------
Troy

Posted By: bkhallpass
Date Posted: March-21-2010 at 10:00pm
Very creative.

BKH

-------------
Livin' the Dream

Posted By: Behl
Date Posted: March-21-2010 at 11:26pm
That is what I did on my Tique. I only have 2 holders plus a storage area like a glove box. Mine is the battery cover held to the floor with velcrow.

-------------
Steve in Indy

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1702&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1976&yrend=1980" rel="nofollow - Redone 1977 Ski Tique

Posted By: jbear
Date Posted: March-22-2010 at 1:26am

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

john

John,
Wake up! You should have caught on when I mentioned cutting the cup holder holes with Sawsall that I was being factious.

Looking back on that post, I need to go back and edit it with some "winky" emoticons otherwise someone may actually try to cut cup holder holes with a sawsall!

Well I thought you were being seriously. See ya gotta watch what you say. Your word on here is taken as gospel.

john

-------------
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Posted By: bubbaskier
Date Posted: March-22-2010 at 2:55pm
Nice job Troy. I wish I would have done that many years ago. There have been many spilled beverages in my 1984 SN2001. You may get some hazing for not vacuuming before taking the picture though.

Date Posted: March-22-2010 at 3:34pm
Thanks!! That's ok, I was in the process of taking everything out because I'm having my seats redone in a couple weeks.

-------------
Troy

Posted By: Chris4x4gill2
Date Posted: March-22-2010 at 4:27pm
I copied Bremsons design from The2001.com that akabull posted. I love them. I already had two in the dash up front from the factory, but the rear only had some of the flip down style that the previous owner had installed and they are terrible. These work great though.

Bremsons design:

-------------
/diaries/details.asp?ID=4472" rel="nofollow - '89 Ski Nautique 2001

Posted By: newoldboat
Date Posted: March-23-2010 at 12:01am
Joey, sorry to get off subject but where did you buy your glove box? That is the original for my 90 but cc wants $225 for it. did you find it aftermarket or did you get it from the dealer?

Date Posted: March-23-2010 at 1:05am
Joe,

I got it when I bought my 82. The guy had about 2000 parts that came with my boat and that was one of them. Do you still have the one in your 90? Why are you replacing it? Is it just a cracked lid because I know where you can get one of those.

Posted By: Kingiant
Date Posted: March-23-2010 at 5:56pm
I recently cut two semetrical holes in my dash for cup holders. They work perfectly. I have "correct size" holes and the cup holders have a chrome ring on the lip, which makes them look cool. It takes away from the stock look but unfortunately I have gone too far to turn back now. It didn't help that the guy who had it before me decided he was a carpenter and made any modification he thought would be "cool". I try keep my modifications more on the classy side (if thats possible). Good luck to you!

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: March-23-2010 at 6:47pm
We built a little jump seat for our skier similar to the one above. I'd suggest you extend the other half and put a glove box in it. We stored keys, wallets, camera's....anything we didn't want in the lake.

Or....seal it up and make it a cooler?!

-------------

Date Posted: March-23-2010 at 10:46pm
Joey, yes the lid is the only problem with mine. I would love to find just the lid if you know of one.

Date Posted: March-24-2010 at 12:13am
Yup! Christine's is a sponsor on the site and I just saw the other day she had a bunch of parts including lids and cupholders .

http://www.nautiqueskins.com/New_Listings.html - http://www.nautiqueskins.com/New_Listings.html

Date Posted: March-26-2010 at 12:36am
Thanks alot Joey! I have been looking for a new lid for a while now. I bought one from christine's today. By the way, my 90 only had cup holders by the glove box. I put one in on the driver side with a hole saw between the throttle and windshield and it turned out great. Even if it chips the gel the flange on cup holder covers it up just check for wires underneath.

Posted By: storm34
Date Posted: March-26-2010 at 1:28pm
Here's the only pic I have of our box. I'll be making something similar for my Ski Tique. Maybe add two cup holders?

-------------

Date Posted: April-05-2010 at 12:27am
Joey, I got a lid from christines. Thanks for the tip. It fit pretty well but the latch doesn't line up right, gonna have to modify it I guess.

Date Posted: April-05-2010 at 1:00am
Cool! That is odd about the latch but good to know!

Posted By: Behl
Date Posted: April-05-2010 at 1:45am
That's similar to what I did in my Tique, also is my battery cover.

-------------
Steve in Indy

http://correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1702&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1976&yrend=1980" rel="nofollow - Redone 1977 Ski Tique

Posted By: TRBenj
Date Posted: April-05-2010 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by newoldboat newoldboat wrote:

Joey, I got a lid from christines. Thanks for the tip. It fit pretty well but the latch doesn't line up right, gonna have to modify it I guess.

Which lid did you order? The late 80's had a centered latch, the 90-91 had an offset one. The lid is otherwise the same.

-------------

Date Posted: April-05-2010 at 11:05pm
My glovebox has the center latch so thats the one I ordered. It lines up side to side but the latch is too close to the catch and won't close.

Posted By: rjljtbrents5
Date Posted: February-14-2011 at 3:06am
just use the folders but instead of drilling holes.... maybe some 3m double sided tape???

-------------
RYAN

66'CUDA SS

Print Page | Close Window