Forum Name: Engine Repair
Forum Discription: Engine problems and solutions
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1301
Printed Date: May-05-2024 at 12:02am

Topic: Hose between trans cooler and raw water p
Posted By: stevieh
Subject: Hose between trans cooler and raw water p
Date Posted: March-08-2005 at 2:47am
I just replaced the impeller on the raw water pump on my 1978 Ski Nautique. I need to replace the hose between the transmission cooler and the pump. Does anyone know what size the hose is and where to get it? I understand that it needs to be wire reinforced. My old one was too large at the pump end and had a filler sleeve placed in it. I would like to find the correct hose. Please help.

-------------
Stevie Hutton

Replies:
Posted By: captan1
Date Posted: March-08-2005 at 1:02pm
Just measure across outside to outside edge of the water pump and oil cooler to make sure they are the same and there's the inside diameter of the hose you need, I think mine - a 78 Nautique is 1".
West Marine, Boaters World.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=452&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1978&yrend=1978 - 1978 Ski Nautique

Posted By: Tim D
Date Posted: March-08-2005 at 4:15pm
Mine doesn't have wire on the inside which would rust and catch trash and the wire would break off in pieces and destroy the impellor. My hose is black on the outside and white on the inside, the white part is somewhat stiff and it keeps the raw pump from causing it to collapse.

-------------
Tim D

Posted By: Bradley950
Date Posted: March-09-2005 at 1:03am
My hose is also 1" on my 76. It is not wire reinforced the old style hose was, it seems newer hoses are just built stronger. Mine is also white on the inside. Besides there is not really that much water pressure.

-Brad-

-------------
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com

Posted By: curbsidegold
Date Posted: March-14-2005 at 2:42am
I bought some clear flexible reinforced hose on the cheap from Lowes which works fine + you can see it work. I did splice in a shutoff valve between the strainer and engine which is referenced in in my old Graymarine engine manual as optional. Does anyone know if this is a "critical" add on? What I mean is, will my boat sink if I left it parked with the valve open

-------------
sm

Posted By: nms1991
Date Posted: March-20-2005 at 6:00pm
Which conversion is it? Commander? PCM? The PCM conversion uses 1"inside diameter and the Commander uses 1 1/4 hose and the pump has 1' inlet that they used a peice of 1' clear hose to compensate for the differance. The wire is inbetween the layers of the rubber, the wire is used on the suction side of the pump to keep the hose from collapsing at high rpm.

Print Page | Close Window