Forum Name: Gear Wanted
Forum Discription: Wanted water sports gear
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12868
Printed Date: April-28-2024 at 2:02am

Topic: 196 ski racks
Posted By: 2004196
Subject: 196 ski racks
Date Posted: February-15-2009 at 3:18pm
Looking for a pair of the factory (preferred) ski racks for my '04 196. Tried to check out the Skitree product but looks as if they may be gone? Anyone have a pair they want to sell, let me know.

Thanks,

Ron

-------------
Rip it up!

Replies:
Posted By: StarOneWake
Date Posted: November-16-2009 at 8:02pm
We have Ski Racks in stock if you are still interested, all i would need to know is the diameter of your Tower and i can get you pictures and prices.

Thanks,

-------------
Luke Henry
Star One Sales
luke@staronewake.com
916-858-1178

Posted By: SN206
Date Posted: November-16-2009 at 8:50pm
Welcome to the site guys!

Ron have they changed the racks from '04? Could you not find them(factory)as you prefered at your CC dealer?

-------------
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Date Posted: November-17-2009 at 1:28am
Found a set at Orlando Nautiques, somewhere around $800. Feed back I was getting was they are cumbersome and get in the way more than they help. For 8 bills I decided to pass. If I found a set within reason (2 - 3 bills) I would give them a shot.

Still looking if anyone has a set they want to part with. Also a post going over at PN on this subject.

Staronewake - no tower (on a 196?) these go on the starboard side as in pic over on Planet Nautique - Gear and related items

-------------
Rip it up!

Posted By: quinner
Date Posted: November-17-2009 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by 2004196 2004196 wrote:

Feed back I was getting was they are cumbersome and get in the way more than they help.

Ron,

Not sure I would agree with the above statement, the space behind the drivers seat is somewhat dead space so I am not sure how they would get in the way any more then a ski on the floor? Use ours often, helps keep things sorted out. Anyways, here's a pic for reference, assuming this is the style you are looking for.

-------------
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=1143" rel="nofollow - Mi Bowt

Posted By: The Godfather
Date Posted: November-17-2009 at 10:48pm

We have some in stock, contact your nearest dealer for details.

Dave

Date Posted: November-18-2009 at 12:08am
quinner, thanks for the input, I should have been a little more clear. Your set up looks sweet by the way. Most, not all of the feedback I got back on the racks was they were not worth the cost, didn't really give a viable solution to ski storage and different length skis with different boot set ups made it more of a challenge. I certainly agree that skis on the floor are just, if not more of a pain but spending $800+ just didn't seem cost effective. I wish I had ordered them with the boat and the cost wouldn't have been noticed but I didn't. Aesthetically they look nice and I can see them working for one ski on a consistent basis and again, if I could find a set in the $300 range I would go for them.

Godfather -who is "we" and what dealer- - my Nautique dealer or??? Can you give my some estimation of the cost shipped or is my earlier quote from Orlando Nautiques of $800 + shipped in the ballpark?

-------------
Rip it up!

Print Page | Close Window