Forum Name: General Discussion
Forum Discription: Anything Correct Craft
URL: http://www.CorrectCraftFan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1143
Printed Date: May-14-2024 at 1:28am

Topic: Big Block or Small Block
Posted By: Hoss
Subject: Big Block or Small Block
Date Posted: January-20-2005 at 3:52am
Which engine is more reliable and requires less up keep? How many hours are too many hours on each? I have very little free time, therefore I am looking for the most dependable boat possible. Are NADA values a good price indicator for used boats? I am new at this and any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Replies:
Posted By: markb
Date Posted: January-22-2005 at 12:25am

The engine that gets the best maintenance is the most reliable, no engine is intrinsicly more reliable than the other.

It also tends to depend on what your use is, if a skier then the 351 will be more than ample. If you wakeboard and intend to use heaps of ballast then a big block may be more suitable due to their much larger tourque rating. Fuel use will depend on your primary use.

If you have little free time to maintain your boat and or not afford to have it professionally serviced regulary then I would reccomend against a boat purchase unless you intend to buy brand new.

Don't know about NADA as I am from Australia but the boats condition and your budget will determine how much you will pay for a boat. It's possibly a good indication of what you should be paying +-2K as who knows what price the options are etc.

Wishy Washy answer I know but if you like the condition and can make an offer that suits the seller then all will be good.

Posted By: Hoss
Date Posted: January-22-2005 at 7:49pm
Thank you Mark.

Print Page | Close Window