NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ford vs chevy

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 7:03pm
Sorry about that, reidp, Luchog happens to be a countryman so I reply him in spanish. I know him from another website (local ebay) so it was funny to find him here.
Next time I'll reply in english.
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2008 at 11:10pm
Small world huh? I talk to Luciano on here and by e-mail all the time and he speaks (types?) great english. Better than some guys on here.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 12:04am
Kapla, my emails is Luchog01@hotmail.com, you can contact me there if you're interested in the exhaust manifolds. I need to either sell them or get a GM V8 without them since I'm refitting another boat and want to V8 it.

As for the boat I believe the Victoria throws a better wake than the old Prostars, now against a Skywake (newer Prostar 195) it's a question of taste on wake shapes.

John, it was really funny to find Kapla in here since he's one of the few Nautiques owners in Argentina, in fact, we used his boat on a local tournament some years ago and I even got to get on board as "human ballast". I think that was my first time on a Nautique, then a friend bought a 95' SN and it was the dream boat, now you know I have my 80'.

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Sorry about that, reidp, Luchog happens to be a countryman so I reply him in spanish. I know him from another website (local ebay) so it was funny to find him here.

No problem at all Kapla, as I was just joking, and exposing my ignorance. I'm one of a handful of Americans who feel somewhat deficient in only speaking one language. I studied Spanish in school and was schooled in French by a French-Canadian girlfriend, but never paid enough attention to either to learn it well.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

No problem at all Kapla, as I was just joking, and exposing my ignorance. I'm one of a handful of Americans who feel somewhat deficient in only speaking one language. I studied Spanish in school and was schooled in French by a French-Canadian girlfriend, but never paid enough attention to either to learn it well.

school and was schooled in French by a French-Canadian girlfrie

Reid, I don't know if that really qualifies as French. Celine Dion, to me speaks like she's from Biddeford.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 8:22pm
Bruce, I know what you mean. But since I was only 25 at the time, and since she spoke very little English, it was quite an experience.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 11:45pm
Tim Im with you . Leave that great little rare Skier alone and go ahead and grind on that 90. You can always find another one of those .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 11:51pm

Tim, just drop that boat at off my house for a week, and after a little test and tune, we'll get her to where we think it ought to be!!

Tim dont do it . I think what Reid is realy saying is that he will tear your engine out and put it in his boat.{where he thinks it ought to be }.
Then he will replace it with an imposter.

I think the {we} part doesnt include you .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 3:59pm
Lucho, thats ok, and in whick boat will you rrefit the v8 engine?
Regarding the manifolds I`m not the one who needs them so i´ll give my friends you email so they can deal with you directly.
Sebastian
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by p/allen p/allen wrote:

Tim, just drop that boat at off my house for a week, and after a little test and tune, we'll get her to where we think it ought to be!!

Tim dont do it . I think what Reid is realy saying is that he will tear your engine out and put it in his boat.{where he thinks it ought to be }.
Then he will replace it with an imposter.

I think the {we} part doesnt include you .

Pat, you are undoubtedly correct. Thanks for alerting me to Reid's evil plan!

No worries, as I have no plans to molest either Skier as of now. If, by chance, I remove too much material from the rear of my '90, resulting in an outrageous top end and a ruined ski wake, I have a plan. Theres no reason why a hydrogate-esque retractable lip couldnt be added to the transom to have the best of both worlds.

By the way, the plan now is to bring the green Skier home this weekend... pics to follow!
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 10:26pm
Kapla, I'm refitting a Claude 660 with a little cabin to use as work boat for my restaurant at the Charigue island here in Rosario.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 5:38pm
Lucho
and whats wrong with the 351m you had for sale in MC? you will need custom exhaust manifolds for it? your looking for a gm engine?
Sebastian
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 7:03pm
Kapla, that engine is already sold. It belonged to a friend of mine, Marcelo Angulo, perhaps you know him.

I want a GM 350, for wich I already have the manifolds, or a complete Ford 351W for the 660.

I feel the 351M would be a great engine for a bigger boat since it's a low rev engine and has plenty of torque, but it would need a 16'' prop below the hull of the Claude 660 to make it plane or ski.
Also, I had to make custom manifolds, get a new raw water pump and a marine carb and fuel pump.

By the way, since in our country we dont feel the need to use marine specific parts and most certainly nobody checks this, I think that marine stuff may not be that big of a deal with inline 6s, as most inboard in Argentina use, as it is with V8s since there's much more fuel running through the system, and few more sparks.
Anyway, marine parts cost only a few bucks more and I feel much better not ever finding any fuel split on the doghouse.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2008 at 8:48pm
Lucho yes I know Marcelo as we used to ride in the same category open 2... Old days ja....
kinda I miss all the thrill of going on tours to rosario, cordoba party !!! I got settled, have 1 kid and another in the way.
Regarding engine Vito was offering a complete used 351 from the ski federation for the mere 6K (bitter). I´m almost sure you know as the market is small. Regarding the marine parts you are repling for my question in the fuel pump? for that I ordered one from discount marine ánd see if I´m lucky here to get it out from the postal office.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2008 at 7:58pm
Lucho here´s an engine you could be interested in. I saw it on deremate.com.ar under this article Publicación #20050000. looks nice.
Sebastian
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 11:32am
you guys near the Orinoco?
"the things you own will start to own you"
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 12:25pm
Eric, no, the Orinoco flows up north on South America, over Venezuela and Brasil, our main river here is the Paraná, wich was.

Kapla, thanks for the data, you know the guy selling it?
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 2:02pm
Lucho
no I have no idea, of the guy selling the engine. I saw it browsing the web.
sebastian
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 12:54am
I guess getting back to the OP's question,
the real reason ford quit making marine engines is a little more up in the air than that the 351 was replaced by the OHC 4.6, and 5.4, and 6.8 v10 modular motors.

PCM tried to get these motors, including a lightning based roots SC 5.4l motor, marinized, but my guess is that the $$ to make these new tech motors marinized, was not cost effective when GM still had pushrod motors being made, and I bet GM gave PCM a deal to use the 350's when they went to the 5.3l v8.

There were a few of the mod motors powering nautiques and other PCM powered inboards, but these were all experimental.

I have seen pics on the net of PCM using the supercharged 360hp lighting 5.4 to power a SN.

It is too bad, and for this reason, I won't buy a nautique newer than 02 or 03 with the gm based motors.

I have had too much bad luck with gm 305 and 350's in cars/ trucks to ever want one in a boat.
JM2 pennies
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic