NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40P Heads

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT40P Heads
    Posted: November-06-2004 at 3:50pm
Does anyone have experience with the GT40P heads on a Ford 289/302 engine? I have read that the sparks plugs of the GT40Ps have a different angle requiring special headers on autos and I am wondering if they will work with the marine exhausts.
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2004 at 10:45am
If you do a search on the forum you should find some information that should help. I know there are people on here that have used the GT40P's and I haven't heard of any problems.

The spark plug location is different from a regular head and it does cause problems for automotive exhausts since they come out of the head and turn down. Since marine manifolds turn up out of the head I don't think the plug location will be a problem.

Anyone else correct me if wrong.
workky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote workky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2004 at 11:49am
I have put a set of GT-40P heads on a 302 pcm marine engine.Had no problems at all.The angle is different,but it did not cause any problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic