Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

One more

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: One more
    Posted: February-10-2008 at 11:38am
This is another old slalom pic I found (thought I had posted all I had).

I think I was about 14 or 15 when this one was taken so that means like 30 or 31 years ago! Wow!

Hey check out the snappy ski belt and the neat bare wood handle and rope float!

Oh yeah, I was stylin'!

Not bad "air" for slalom skiing! (See fin).
Inboards Rule!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2008 at 12:21pm
64X - Is that an O'Brien you were riding? It looks like a red one that I had.

Chris
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2008 at 11:33am
Chris - Yep! I still have it (and even still use it some)!
It was basically I think pretty much like the popular O'Brien World Team Comp. (brushed aluminum with green & blue grapichs) but had been given a "Bi-Centennial" (1776-1976) paint job and dubbed "Freedom Rider" for that special year. I don't think they sold real well probably due to that graphic scheme I guess being a kind of flop, but I got it for a Christmas present in like 1977. My folks got real deal on it due to it's still being on the rack after the Bi-Centennial novelty had passed. I think I recall it costing $90 (when they might have been like $165 "normally")!
I've only ever seen one other one like it. I added a rear heel binding. I was able to ski 2 1/2 bouys at 36 mph (full line) on that ski when I entered a slalom competition having never skied a course (i.e. my first time on the course was my first run of the competition!) So much for practice! Didn't have access to a course and really just wanted to try the bouys!
Did all 6 bouys (full line) at 30, 32, and 34 and then 2 1/2 at 36mph and fell.
Inboards Rule!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic