NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Once upon a time, a long time ago......

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 11:52am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

The ducks may be smart enough to fly south for the winter but they also know better than to stay there year round...

Love that comeback Joe!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Well like everyone who has to be here,we like the changes of seasons,right Pat and Steve?

Gary, I guess thats what we try to reason... Actually, Im like you and do like the changes...and believe us when you live in the midwest you get 'em. A week ago it was almost 50 one afternoon, woke up to 0 the next morning..

BTW, Currently 34 degrees,Snowing like a bear-VERY WET and HEAVY. wind around 30mph ...depending who you listen to ,predictions of 8-15+"not going to be fun to plow.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 12:05pm
These guys have no idea what it is in early spring to see the buds pop or the smells in the air, or the first blast of warm air, its a feeling that you only get in the spring up here in the north, anticipation, it would be hard to trade, its a cycle that you grow use too over the years and you learn to deal with the cold and for some strange reason the wifes always get knocked up this time of the year (northern secret)
Ive worked down in that heat and that is the equivalant of our winters, no thanks
"the things you own will start to own you"
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 3:06pm
Heres a pic of 5 township plow trucks taking a break from plowing this am. Only had a few inches at that time..wasnt snowing to hard yet. Most of the goverment offices and a lot of businesses have since closed for the day..

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 5:28pm
The two most rewarding things I do with my wife and kids are boat/wakeboard and snowboard/ski.

I wouldn't give up either, ever.

Besides, untracked powder is as beautiful as glass at sunrise. I get both up here.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 9:50pm
Well,
about 6pm...snow is down to flurries... ended up with a little over a foot of snow. The winds reached over 35mph for a while this afternoon. Made for an interesting drive home.

What did anyone else end up?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 10:26pm
We only got about 6 in. in Waterloo but they got a foot of snow in Dubuque - good for the ski slope there.

One silver lining about the artic air (below zero) is that when it warms up to the 30's it feels balmy. Something about your blood thickening up I guess.

This has been a long winter for me being cut off fom my new baby - wish I had a heated garage & the $ to heat it!

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 10:41pm
Steve,
Milwaukee has 12" and still coming down and blowing pretty good (6:30 pm).
I put the over/under for this area at 18".
I spent about 5 hours total blowing snow and shoveling between my business and home, with more to come tomorrow.

It is friggin gorgeous up here. Especially at night with the street lights on.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-06-2008 at 11:19pm
Looking out of my house

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 12:11am
Steve,
Great pic...looks like it should be a painting..

This is a pic I had posted earlier of our place taken on New Years day after a fresh snow...

hard not to enjoy this!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 12:49am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Speaking of snow, no work today office closed due to the weather.

What the hell are you talking about? I work in a lumber yard, and it's never once been closed for weather. I have been keeping my delivery drivers in the yard until at least daylight though the last couple of mornings.

Rob
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 1:10am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Well,
about 6pm...snow is down to flurries... ended up with a little over a foot of snow. The winds reached over 35mph for a while this afternoon. Made for an interesting drive home.

What did anyone else end up?

3" yesterday,turned to rain,all gone.Been raining since.Just turning back over to snow now,due for 6-10" before tomorrow A.M.   
     I'm with you northern guys,I miss my boat,but there's something to be said about a good winter with lots of snow.Breathe that cold crisp air.....AAHHH! Plus,you always have someplace cold to set your beer down.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 1:16am
Just read about the 48 people who died from tornados yesterday. What a tragedy. Makes a little snow seem kinda minor . . .
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 2:04am
Yes and if we wait awhile it will all melt,but those poor people will have to deal with those effects for a long time.
We got 9" here, just came in from digging out.My work actually pulled us off the streets at 3 today,but now they want us to work 10 hrs a day thru the weekend.At 52 it's not getting any easier.
I come home today to find my better half stuck in the drive with her Jeep,I cooley go around her as she's shoveling and drive up to the garage.I can't sleep with one eye open,so I guess momma gets new tires. And I wanted to use the ot for the boat
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 3:00am
Ahhhh...those magic words...overtime!

Cannot believe the company pulled ya off the streets at 3. That never happened in my 33+ years.

If momma was stuck with the Jeep...whadda you drive? For me it was 3 Broncos and 3 F-150's...all 4 wheel. Never stuck or couldn't make it in.

Stay warm.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2008 at 9:38pm
She's got a Grand Cherokee and I've got a Cherokee.She needs a new car so I did not want to buy new tires just to trade it in,but now we think we'll give it to our son.it's a 98 with 150K so I won't get much for it.My Mom and Dad felt sorry for him and had bought him a nice 95 Cherokee,trouble is it's from the Key's and is only 2wd.Dad now wants to buy a car to leave down there and fly back and forth so I'm going to work the deal with our son,it should work out good for both of them.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-08-2008 at 2:03am
I would have to say you guys are a Jeep family.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic