Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Warm weather storage

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tommer12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommer12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warm weather storage
    Posted: October-21-2004 at 6:15pm
I live in California.. so I dont worry about the temp going below freezing. I normally change the oil, tranny, then fog the cylinders and put stabil in the gas tank full.    Is there any advantage or disadvantage for draining the block of water? I was think that if I drained the block, the cooling system would be exposed to the air and could cause corrission. If the water stayed in, oxyegen could not get to the cooling system.

anyone?

Thanks much!    Time for the Nautiquie to go night night for the winter months.
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2004 at 9:35pm
I posted the same explination as you, in another topic. Another member asked if he had to drain the block, and manifolds after each use. I don't, I leave the water in mine, just for the reason you explained.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2004 at 10:59am
Antifreeze will help control corrosion while the boat sits during off the season. Plain water will cause rust in the engine. If you don't believe it, just let it sit for about a month and then hook up a fake-a-lake and run it until the thermostat opens up and you'll see plenty of rusty water, that is if you have a cast iron block and intake.
Tim D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic