Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

winterizing GT-40

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BT View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winterizing GT-40
    Posted: October-21-2004 at 12:23pm
I have changed oil/filter, trans. fluid, fogged cylinders, removed sherwood water filter and opened all the drain plugs. I was running out of time before I could get the antifreeze in the block. Looking at the manual I have, the picture is so dark it's hard to distinguish exactly what hose is used to get the antifreeze where it needs to go. Any help would be much appreciated.
Nagasaki View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nagasaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2004 at 9:32pm
I use the hose that feeds from the impeller to the top of the engine. Keep pouring antifreeze in until it drips out the exhaust...you may have to blow in the hose to make sure it's all the way through.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2004 at 3:30pm
I do the same as Nagasaki.
Pull hose off the water pump & lift upwards.
Pour antifreeze thru funnel into hose.
When I empty container, remove funnel & blow thru end of hose. You'll hear it kind of gurggle. Keep repeating until you see it dribble out manifolds.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic