NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Perfect pass

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perfect pass
    Posted: January-02-2008 at 8:18pm
Hello to all. I have just secured a 1995 Ski Nautique, GT-40. It runs great and we are all enjoying it very much. I have a couple of questions to those that may have the knowledge to assist;
Perfect pass- What is it, how does it work, and what is the purpose? It seems to have NO power at dash? (will not turn on..)Is it activated by any "buttons" on the dash? (Ie manual bilge/blower/Aux 1-2-3 etc.)
Also, the rear speakers are not working. Front is fine. I tried to "fade" back...nothing. Speakers are there, wires are there.

Thank you all for your input. J Smith
Js
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2008 at 8:43pm
J. Smith - Are you really in Afghanistan?

Where do you use your boat?

All we hear about is bombings over there.

Chris
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2008 at 8:50pm
Perfect pass is a cruise control for your boat. It is used to maintain a consistent speed while wakeboarding or skiing. It can be set to maintain constant speed, or constant RPMs.    There have been multiple models over the years. Some are more sophisticated than others. Hard to say how yours is powered or operates. Can you take a photo of the display? That would be helpful. BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2008 at 11:01pm
Hey Chris: bet he ain't from there...I don't get these guys who will not post where they are from or do a bad joke about it. Maybe I am being to sensitive but the son of a good friend of mine who is a Major in the Army just returned from his second tour there...14 months this time and we are all so glad. All were very worried about him the whole time. I just do not think it is funny.
Sorry guys..my .02

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2008 at 12:18am
Ideally Perfect Pass should be wired to the ignition ON position of your keyswitch. It's not something that should be "switchable" on and off.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2008 at 1:17am
Sorry - It was a senior moment for me accentuated by my daily dose of brew.

Of course no one skiis in a war torn country.

J Smith, If you are a Serviceman, my hat's off to you.

Chris
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2008 at 8:04pm
Please forgive me. When filling out the regestration profile, I must have hit the wrong country, I am now living in the USA. I have corrected my information.

Regardless...thank you for your response
Js
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2008 at 12:45am
Ok by me Mr. Smith. Looks good now.

Sorry for the rant.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2008 at 8:05pm
If you have a '95 SN, chances are good you have Perfect Pass (PP) version 6.3. I've uploaded a manual to the Reference Section. Here is the link:

As Joel mentioned, PP should be wired to 'key-on', i.e. always on when the key is on.

To diagnose problems, you will need a digital volt meter. Start by seeing what you're getting for volts off the battery and at the dash. If it isn't getting enough volts, it may not boot.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2008 at 1:01pm
Keith,

Thank you so much. That will really be helpful. I will poke into it this weekend. I was amazed at all the "programable" functions the system offers! I owe you a cold one.
Js
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic