Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sound of a Barefoot Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Britler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Britler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sound of a Barefoot Nautique
    Posted: October-05-2004 at 4:07am
Hey everyone. Like the forum very much. I am making the big first post for myself today and hopefully not with a dumb question. Anyhow this is regarding the barefoot nautiques. I am interested in getting one and was wondering if anyone could tell me if they are all the hype.....At least the hype I have been getting from my friends. I like the idea of a big block but I drag race aircooled 4 cylinders so I know cubic inches are not everything. Any sort of information on them would be awesome. How they sound.....How the wake looks or feels.....Raw power.....capabilities.....I would be looking at like a mid to late 80's model.

Thanks Britt
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2004 at 2:32am
Britler The sound of the big block in the barefoot is great. I beleive the boats are a little heavy but as a result put out a great wake for barefoot as well as wakeboard.
502 Python View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 502 Python Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2004 at 1:55am
The inboards with the 330hp 454 are pretty good barefoot boats. The later v-drives are not that great for footing but they are a great all around wakeboard and cruising boat.Make no mistake, if you are a serious footer, nothing beats a Flightcraft but you give up a lot of comfort for the improved wake.I have been in all three and if you are looking for an all around boat it is hard to beat the inboard foot nautiques. When I was at a training camp with Ron Scarpa (before he was with malibu)the hard core footers were rebuilding the Barefoot Nautiques because they were the best boat for footing next to the Flightcraft. The rumble of a big block does sound terrific...but mellow loudness is subjective. I have a Sport Nautique with a 502 Python MPI and all my buddies call me a hillbilly and give me the business about trying to keep up with the jet boaters.Oh well, I love my big block and I just love the rumble.....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic