Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

worried

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
guest View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: worried
    Posted: September-25-2004 at 8:11pm
Just bought an 80 ski nautique. When i take it out of the lake at the end of the day, what procedure do i have to follow to make sure the water is out of the engine? Might be a stupid question but need to be sure i don't mess her up!!!
mrese View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2004 at 12:06am
Unless you are expecting freezing temps, there is no need to drain the engine block. Simply pull the drain plug from the hull, wipe the boat down, sit back and relax.
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2004 at 2:28am
Unless your in salt If so you may want to check out MST Guardian. Its a flushing system for freshwater rinsing after running in salt. If your not in salt I agree with mrese.
IrishFooter View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IrishFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2004 at 5:13pm
Besides that coming up the ramp or driving down the raod will rmove a substantial amount of water but I tend to agree with the others in that nnothing needs to be drained if there is not freezing temps or salt.
1979 Ski Nautique
66polyhead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66polyhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2004 at 9:50pm
If the block and other coolant cavities are full of water they cannot oxidize, or rust because air cannot get to the surface to oxidize them. if you drain all the water out the exposed surfaces will rust. That's my thoughts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic