NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Just Joined The Forum!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2007 at 10:43am
20th, Youve got me trying to remember things that happened in the 80's when hydroponics were just starting out..lol   I do remember loud exhaust on it, it i believe was a 351 with a 1:1 v-drive which is the reason i bought the boat, the back housing was destroyed and i pulled it and machined all the mounts and re-installed with spacers, we used the boat to ski and tube and to lure groupies (in bikini's) thats when i seen a guy i tihnk its called skurfing behind a boston whaler and i thought to myself, I gotta try that. over the years i worked on a few centuries, i remember one that a woman owned and she was very fond of it and it had a arch on it, i think it was an Arabian. Man thats one boat i wish i still had they really do have modern lines to them and were ahead of thier time
"the things you own will start to own you"
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2007 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by 20th Century 20th Century wrote:

BehindProp,
I wonder if it was a ski fury. I have never seen one in person, but it was a 16 footer and did have the larger (340 vs. 318) engine due to its ski designation. It didn't have a traditional windshield, it was short, heavily tinted plastic and tilted outward. Just a shot.

Yup. That was it, only this one had the windshield modified to face back.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/boa/405313786.html
20th Century View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20th Century Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2007 at 2:27am
My family had a Boston Whaler for 37 years. It was just traded in on an I/O this year (not my doing). We did everything with that boat, but I have never heard of skurfing. If you had to choose one boat that had to last the rest of your life. . . make it a Whaler. They are so homely you can't hurt them. The Arabians are cool boats. There was also a Sabre model that has the same hull as the Arabian, but it was a straight drive with exhaust at the water line. Many also had a hard top.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20th Century Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2007 at 2:37am
Up to date pictures. I don't know why they came out with such fuzzy lines.

Not finished yet by a long shot.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2007 at 3:00am
Nice...cool looking boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2007 at 3:15am
20th - Great looking boat. It reminds me of a larger, newer version of my Classic.

I really like having a front bench. Its nice to have my girl right next to me (and facing the right way) and we can easily fit 3 adults in front.

Really sharp!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20th Century Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2007 at 11:35pm
Raindog,

Great looking boat! I think yours is probably a little bigger than mine if it is a 17 footer. Mine is a 16. Does your bench seat freak people out? At the marina I have had a number of people comment about how the boat looks like a car on water.

Thanks for the kind words jbear!
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2007 at 12:42am
simple with nice lines,all around nice boat
"the things you own will start to own you"
The Dude View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2007 at 4:21am
20, That's really nice looking. Glad you're here on our site. It sounds like you'll be a great addition to us too. check out the post "how to post pictures" and you won't have to deal with all the down sizing...

Go Irish!
Mullet Free since 93
95 Sport
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2007 at 11:33pm
I've had people say it looks like a Corvette on water, although I never saw a Vette with a bench seat! The dash shift and gas petal really drive home the automotive feel on my boat.

Thanks for the compliment, 20th.
I really need to update my page though.
Updated interior pics here
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2007 at 12:13pm
My brother's 1980 Resorter 18.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 20th Century Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-11-2007 at 8:21pm
Sweet boat Riley.

Does your brother want to trade?
MarineSRT8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarineSRT8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-12-2007 at 4:43am
Nice Ride for sure
"Some people go an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem"

-Pres. Ronald Reagan-

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic