Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marine fuel line

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Darrel View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marine fuel line
    Posted: August-17-2004 at 8:20pm
I am replacing the fuel return line on my ski naut. it is 3/8 inside diam. outside looks like 3/4 inch (its thick) is it safe to use automotive fuel line as this is low pressure return line? and what makes "marine" fuel line marine? Thanks Darrel
Brian View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2004 at 1:14am
Some times the difference between an automotive product and a marine product is price, but not always. I am not an expert but consider the environment the fuel line is in, hot, wet, humid, sitting dormant for months on end. Don't skimp on stuff that involves gas (its pretty flamable). Buy the right part and you won't be dissapointed!

Buy the marine hose.
Brian
JEBell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2004 at 11:58pm
I recently replaced all of my fuel line,I used about 12 ft and it was marine type A. It was 1.25 per ft. Brian is right try not to use anything automotive in or around the engine.
JEBell 72 Martinique
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2004 at 2:34pm
Do NOT use automotive rubber fuel hose anywhere on your boat. The dangers of a fuel leak can be catastropic. I use aircraft grade fuel line made by aeroquip. My line has a 5/16" ID and a 11/16" OD. I then use brass barbed fittings with double clamps.

Aeroquip makes other size such as 3/8" ID and 3/4" OD. Screw on type fittings are also available. Aeroquip hose #MIL-H-6000
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2004 at 2:52pm
Going to see the Hoseman today to get the coast guard approved line ($1.60/ft.) See how easy it is to make the right decision, all i had to do was ask. Thanks Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic