NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"watch this forum" emails

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "watch this forum" emails
    Posted: June-25-2007 at 4:19pm
I just emailed keith to inform him that I think there is a problem with our new site / host. I noticed this morning that I started getting emails from the "watch this" function that I never use. At the same time, the site has become very sloow and to the point of locking up again. Has anyone else been getting the automatic emails? Every thread that I've ever posted in is emailing me when ever anyone refreshes the thread. All I've been doing is going in and "un-watching"

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2007 at 4:24pm
Pete,

Check your profile settings, I had to re-adjust some things after the change.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2007 at 7:02pm
Chris, I was finally able to get to may profile (took me a while with all the time outs!)and did change to respond setting to manual. I wonder if everyones setting was changed and this is why we bogged down so much today. Thanks for the heads up.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2007 at 10:01pm
has been very slow today, on sat whgen it first went online it was very very fast. Not sure what happened.
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2007 at 10:50pm
same thing here was very fast now getting slower and slower.I don't know enough to reset my watch to daylight savings time and you want me to do something with this Box on my desk..............YEA!!!!!!!!
1969cc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1969cc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2007 at 1:03am
Has been very slow on my side also. Goes to server script timeout most often. Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113'

Script timed out

/forum/forum_topics.asp

The maximum amount of time for a script to execute was exceeded

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2007 at 1:37am
I have been getting that same "time-out" message all evening.

Slow to the point of locking up.

I am sure Keith will do something.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2007 at 3:38am
Very slow, and timing out here too. So slow that I haven't been on much lately.
Keith, How can we help get this fixed?
Scott
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2007 at 8:51am
I still got a bunch of emails this morning from the "watch this forum" feature. Even though I did get into my profile and change that setting, it didn't change all my old postings. I've been going into some old threads and having to change each one. My thoughts on this is what is causing the time outs and lock ups. I'm far from knowing anything about computers but it would just seem to me that if this setting was changed on everyones profile (from going to the new host) that the site is bogging down with the hundreds of emails it must now send.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2007 at 12:56pm
Pete,

When posting be sure you do not have the "Email Notify me of Replies" box checked at the bottom of the post reply area.

I am getting lot's of "time outs" lately as well.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2007 at 1:22pm
Chris, I have been checking just to make sure it isn't set to notify me. It's all my old posts before I reset the function in my profile that have been coming through. Is this only me?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2007 at 5:38pm
Hey Guys,
Sorry about the emails from the forums. Not sure why this would change unless it was a cookie setting (which was lost with the new host).

As for performance. I'm working on that as well.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2007 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

I have been getting that same "time-out" message all evening.

Slow to the point of locking up.

I am sure Keith will do something.

john

jbear, Thats a message from your wife telling you you spend too much time talking to those boat guys "Time out" go to your room.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2007 at 2:07am
Alan: You got that right. Ever since I discovered this site mrs jbear (Patti) has to use the computer in the morning. I can see the day coming when I have my own C/CFAN computer!

Seriously tho, I am still having lots of trouble. Very slow and numerous timeouts. Driving me crazy.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic