NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Airguide Speedos

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JAG459 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Airguide Speedos
    Posted: June-23-2007 at 2:04pm
Looking for two new or fairly new Airguide Speedos with white faces and in excellent condition. The speedometers in my 90 Sport Nautique have severely faded faces & needles, and one speedometer's accuracy is off and is beyond being adjusted. All the other gauges have suffered the same fate and will be replaced with either Faria or Livorsi gauges.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2007 at 12:55pm
Im afraid Im not much help, as my gauges are pretty faded as well. Id be interested in purchasing your old hourmeter though- mine is broken (the face and bezel cracked off from the body of the gauge). Shoot me an email if thats doable: TRBenj@gmail.com
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2007 at 3:02pm
I have some new white face airguides that I think are like the 86-87 era. not sure if they work for your boat, but I can take some pics tonight If you would like.
Greg

86 BFN
JAG459 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2007 at 3:32pm
Definately,
Thanks,
Joe
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2007 at 1:29am
Joe,

Here are a couple pics of the speedo. I have several of these. It measures 3 7/6" at the back (hole size) & 3 7/8" at the face. See if it works for you.

Greg

86 BFN
JAG459 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2007 at 2:19am
Looks good!! Exactly what I'm looking for. When I get home from work tomorrow I'll pull the cover off the boat and double check. I have a black alum bezel that snaps over the the speedo, and I'll need to take it off and see if the speedo face measures and looks the same as yours. If it does I should be able to snap the bezel on it. Is the 3 7/8" measurement taken from the outside edge of the bezel?
What are you asking for them.
If you want you can contact me directly at jag459@earthlink.net
Thanks, Joe
JAG459 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2007 at 2:22am
I took a look at my speedos and there are some differences ie Correct Craft Logo and the larger aluminum bezel which I think were added in 90. I would like to keep the speedometers original for that year; however, if the bezels on your speedos come off so the newer style can be installed I would be interested.
If they do come off the inside diameter of the bezel needs to be 3 3/4".
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2007 at 12:22pm
I will have to take a look at them this weekend & see what comes off & what the dimensions are. I will let you know what I find out.
Greg

86 BFN
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2007 at 1:36am
Ok, I looked at these & really don't see how they come apart. The screws ony remove the insides from the case. The bezel does turn a little but doesn't seem like it unscrews. Does anybody know if they just pry off. I didn't want to force anything unless I could find out more. They do come apart, just not sure how.
Greg

86 BFN
JAG459 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2007 at 1:08pm
Hi Greg,

The bezel should just snap off allowing removal or installation of the clear plastic lens cover. If your speedos have a glass lens I would say that the bezel probably does not snap off.
Let me know. And thanks for your efforts.

Joe
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2007 at 1:58pm
Joe,

The lens is plastic. It looked like it snapped on, but wasn't exactly sure. I will take another look at it this afternoon when I get home.
Greg

86 BFN
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 12:47am
No luck getting the lens off. I can turn it a little, but I had no luck popping the lens off. I tried to pry with a screw driver, but didn't want to damage the speedo.
Greg

86 BFN
JAG459 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2007 at 1:06am
I agree, you don't want to damage it. Thanks very much for trying anyway. I'm going to check on having new faces printed. There are always people looking for gauges so you should have no problem selling them.
kylem428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylem428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 1:31am
how much for the gauges?   I need 2 new speedos for my '83 sn 2001 that had the frog eye speedos but I know I wont be getting those from anyone. I'd like to update the whole dash a bit as I need a new tach as well. If I don't go with these gauges, any recommendations for what I should get? Is the wiring fairly uniform between manufacturers? How about the sending units?

kyle
JAG459 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 1:46am
Kyle
Contact Greg (skicat) for the speedometers. They should be perfect for your boat. As far as the other gauges go, the sending units for oil, fuel and temp should all be standard and work with new gauges. Look on line for VDO, Faria, Livorsi, ISSPRO, and Autometer to name a few. Its' a matter of taste and cost.
kylem428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylem428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 1:57am
thanks much. how about the tach? that is mostly what I am looking for...It would be nice to just be able to swap out the units and be done...

Kyle
JAG459 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAG459 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2007 at 2:13am
The tach needs to work with a standard ignition system and 8 cylinders. Check with the manufacturer if buying a new gauge or if buying a used gauge from a boat with an electronic ignition. Most tachs will work with both systems.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic