Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

86 SILVER NATIQUE

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JIMMY View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIMMY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 86 SILVER NATIQUE
    Posted: July-13-2004 at 1:45pm
I JUST PURCHASED THIS SILVER NATIQUE AND HAVE USED FOR SEVERAL WEEKS WITH NO PROBLEM. THIS PAST WEEKEND, WHEN I PULLED THE TUBES OR AIRCHAIR UP, IT SEEMED LIKE THE PROPELLAR SLIPPED FOR A BRIEF MOMENT THEN CAUGHT AGAIN. WHAT DOES THIS APPEAR TO BE.
trauski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trauski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2004 at 2:56pm
check your transmission fluid level. i would defenitly have the fluid changed as you dont know how long it has gone without changing. check to see what fluid it calls for.my 93 calls for a light oil viscosity but some have been changed over to dextron the red stuff. SEAFOAM TRANS TUNE is an additive you might try. if you change the fluid add this stuff and run a few times, then replace again with new fluid.

it could be that teh engine missing feels like loss of power to you. one test is if tranny slips in a turn since its under a stronger load then the engine rpms will rev higher as the engine is turning over easier, tranny is slipping. if no high rev when taking off, then your engine is probably missing.

of course check nut and cotter pin on drive shaft to make sure prop seated correctly. check shaft and strut as well. good luck.
1993 ski nautique,pro-boss,14/16 OJ 4-blade,perfect-pass,dual mirrors on top
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2004 at 8:05pm
Are you sure your transmission is slipping?

A couple weeks ago after I installed my 4 blade prop I thought my tranny was slipping. I'd go to pull a skier out of the hole and it felt like the transmission would slip and then catch and take off. Upon inspecting the engine I noticed the accelerator pump linkage on the carburator had some slop in it. This would cause the engine to run lean when you first crack the throttle, then once the accelerator pump kicks in you feel the power you expect.

I adjusted the slop out of the linkage and the boat runs like a champ. I was relieved, a few turns of a screw is WAY cheaper than a tranny rebuild.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic