Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’86 Silver Nautique Tranny Fluid

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SunOrSnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunOrSnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’86 Silver Nautique Tranny Fluid
    Posted: July-09-2004 at 6:29am
I purchased an '86 Silver Nautique 2001 with the 351 motor. No Manual. What type and quantity transmission fluid does it use?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Gordon
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2004 at 1:33pm
I've got an 84 w/ a 351 Ford PCM.
The PCM manual I have lists:
ATF Type A, Suffix A, Dexron.
Capacity lists:
Model AS1-7C
1.8 qts. @ level &
1.3 qts. @ 15deg incline.
Instructions:
Boat at rest in water. Fill to top mark of dipstick attached to plug. Replace plug, start & idle for short time to fill all circuts. Stop & check level again, fill to top mark.
Hope this helps
SunOrSnow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunOrSnow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2004 at 6:55pm
That is just what I was looking for.

Thank You!

Gordon
'86 Silver Nautique 2001
JIMMY View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JIMMY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2004 at 11:52am
I JUST PURCHASED A 1986 SILVER NATIQUE ALSO. I TRIED TO GET SOME INFO. ON THIS MODEL AS FAR AS BEING A SPECIAL ADDITION BUT NO LUCK. I EMAILED CORRECT CRAFT IN FLORIDA AND THEY MAILED ME A MANUAL FOR THIS MODEL NATIQUE. IF YOU HAVE MORE INFO. ON THE SILVER NATIQUE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. AND IF YOU DON'T MIND, HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY AND WHAT SHAPE WAS IT IN. IF YOU REPLY, WE WILL COMPARE TO SEE WHAT KIND OF DEAL WE GOT. THANKS
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2004 at 12:46pm
Hey Jimmy:

It is generally considered better form to post in lower case type. Some consider all caps to be a form of yelling or shouting. For me, it is just easier to read lower case type. Also, do not forget the "U" in Nautique. Congratulations on your "new" boat.
Troy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Troy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2005 at 12:42am
I also recently aquired a 86 Silver Nautique and was wondering about its origin and how many were made etc. What did you find from the brochure? Mine is in rough shape as it sat in the water for years. I've got it running good. Now to the apolstery and removal of bottom paint.   
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2005 at 1:15pm
Just picked up my own Silver Nautique 2001. 82 of these boats were made (out of 1,305 total Ski Nautiques in 86).

Everyone, please post pictures of your Silver Nautiques to the Diaries Section so we can all see them. Mine needs a little cosmetic work. Looking forward to getting it back to orginial.

A member of the site has a Silver Nautique brochure. Should have a scanned copy up on the site shortly.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2005 at 11:05am
CONGRATS Keith!! Most of us "regular guys" know you've been in the hunt for quite some time. We know your exicited and on cloud nine. Boat looks GREAT!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic