Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’74 Mustang Seats

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’74 Mustang Seats
    Posted: February-10-2007 at 5:23pm
I have the original seats from a '74 Mustang. This is the front facing driver/observer and the rear seat. They are not in the best of shape. I would be willing to make a pattern of the seats if anyone wanted to build "original" seats for their boat. If there's no interst they are headed for the dump.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 8:16pm
Hey Dave,

How's that project coming. I'd like to see some pics.

Are you making a new set of seats for your boat, or are you going with something aftermarket?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 8:53pm
Brian

How are you doing? The project is coming along I guess... I just heated the garage up in the 70s so I can make my atempt at putting the stringers back. The observer side and secondary stringers are out, and I think I am ready to put the new ones in. As for the seats, I used the back seat as a pattern and made a new one. For the front seats, I made a new driver and observer seat and am turning the observer seat around to face the rear. They are all out getting upholstered. I keep meaning to learn the photobucket thing so I can post a pic or two.

How is your project going? I sure wish I had your weather to work in. Take Care.

David
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 8:57pm
Dave: Stick with the photobucket. It is fairly easy, not quite as easy for me as some of the young guys here, but I even got it after awhile. We would love to see some pics. You too, Brian, c'mon give us something to look at. For that matter Brian we have not seen a pic of that new little one for awhile.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 11:05pm
John

I just looked at the photobucket instructions...wheeew. If I can figure that out I'll be real impressed with myself. I'll try.

Dave
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 11:09pm
Dave What color are your seats ? Is it just the skins or is it the frames also ? Is there a boat in diaries that I can referenc to for the shape , or are you working on the photobucket thing ?

Thanks

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-10-2007 at 11:53pm
Dave: Stick with it; if I can figure it out, anyone can. Randy-in-Ohio had a good post on how-to. Do a search for "post pics" and you'll find it. Good luck!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
copcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote copcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 2:49pm
Pat

I have the skins but I gave them to the upholsterer so she would know the shape I was looking for. What I have at home is the original frames. I have taken them apart, but if you need I can trace them on some thick rosin paper? What parts were you looking for? As far as the diaries, my boat is not in there but I looked through real quick and they are the same seats as the 74 Mustangs. Hope this helps some.

David
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-11-2007 at 6:04pm
I have a 64 mustang with no seats . I just thought that if they were complete that I would take a shot and try them . This is a project that is on the 10 year plan . I have to many projects now that I have to do first and this is the last one . Thanks for replying back Dave.

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic