Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OEM engine?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Rob86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OEM engine?
    Posted: June-23-2004 at 8:33pm
Hello, I've got an 86 CC and it has a Commander Mrine 351W in it. I don't know much about the history of this boat we are the second owners. I'm wondering if this is the original engine or maybe a repower? All of the other 2001's I've seen have PCM engines for power.
Tranner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2004 at 1:57pm
I "had" a Commander Engine in my 85 2001.

If you look at the motor mounts, does it have "Commander" engraved or embedded on them?
Rob86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2004 at 2:42pm
I'll have to check the mounts. Did your 85 have a Mallory electronic distributor?
nms1991 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nms1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2004 at 11:52pm
commander engines was optional, thwe mallory electronic distributor was not factory it should be a prestolite distributor. It was probably switched due to failure of some type in the distributor.    
Tranner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tranner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2004 at 2:06pm
Very true. My Commander motor does have the factory Prestolite distributor.
77stang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77stang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2004 at 7:29pm
you can call the factory and give them your hull id and they can tell you. they can tell you about anything you want
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic