Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Battery location on 82 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bill Adams View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Adams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battery location on 82 Ski Nautique
    Posted: June-22-2004 at 12:31pm
I've got an 82 Ski Nautique and, at some point during its life, the battery was relocated from its original place to the in-floor cooler next to the driver's seat. Since it's hard to use the cooler and not get electrocuted with the battery there, I want to move it back to it's original spot, but I have no idea where it should go. Any help will be much appreciated.
Farkum View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Farkum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2004 at 4:23am
On my 79 SN the battery is in the battery compartment, which looks very similar to a in floor cooler next to the driver seat. Are you sure you arent mistaking a battery compartment for a cooler?
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-23-2004 at 12:53pm
There was another thread on battery compartments earlier this spring. As I recall, sometime in the 80's CC decided to put a separate cooler compartment in the floor aft of the battery. This also eliminated the inspection hole between the battery and the engine cover.

Unless you have one very large divided underfloor area I would think you are dealing with just a battery area. Or, maybe a previous owner enlarged the battery compartment to use as a cooler???

While a couple of guys have relocated their batteries up under the bow in an attempt to change the balance of the boat, I am pretty sure that the batteries were to be under the floor when the boat left the factory.
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
Dan-H View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan-H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2004 at 3:30pm
My 83 has an in floor cooler, about the same size as the battery box, and they share the same sized lid.

83 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic