NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

downfalls of boating

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: downfalls of boating
    Posted: November-12-2006 at 11:24am
there is opposites everywhere in the world although the positives outway the negatives in boating, I havnt owned a boat in about 4 years but here are some of the badpoints that i remember:
1. your buddies give you $5.00 for gas(if any at all)
2. they show up with no beer
3. they scatter when you hit the dock at dusk
4. they hit someting and you wind up paying
5. they burn holes in your carpet and just dont take care of as if it was thier's
"the things you own will start to own you"
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 2:07pm
You don't need a boat, you need better friends.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 2:43pm
i hang around a different crowd nowaday's
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 5:54pm
Those aren't friends, that's what I call sponges, they eat/drink your food and always seem to "forget" their wallet when you mention gas.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 5:56pm
Hey Tom the good thing about working on boats and living on a lake is guess what?? about 10 boats to choose from anytime I want, the only problem though is guys knocking on your door at 9:00 at night cause thier boat is broke.... that gets old
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2006 at 7:18pm
Funny. Used to be a$$ gas or "ya'know".
Now it's; wife, kids, wifes friends, kids friends, family, and can't forget the outlaws (wifes family).

I think it was July 4th weekend I spent over 5 bills on gas for the water toys. Go figure but 2/3 went to the jet skis. No foreign drivers in the nautique or the v-hull but my wife is pretty quick to let her toon drive off. And yes it's hers, untill it breaks, then it becomes mine to repair.
This year there were no mishaps. Last year with less than 90 hrs it (toon) was towed back missing the foot and a rip in the seat. Ain't love grand, sometimes more. d
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 7:56am
I like the term outlaws
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 10:27am
Eric,    you dont have a ride right now!???
Gotta get one again! Mrs 62 and I go out for a lot of evening cruises, (we getting old or what?)
Just cruise , drink a couple cool ones, stop at a local marina for a greasy burger, etc, Aint life grand?

Another downer for us northerners:

#6..... five months of winter depression ...

thank goodness, i have a lot of this summers pics "rotating" on my computer screen..

If you did get another boat what year/model would you be looking for?

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 10:38am
I don't know any downfalls of owning a boat. Any boat is better than no boat and any inboard is better than any other kind of boat. I want a 66-70 Mustang or Skylark with the built in deck vents.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2006 at 10:45am
62, I ride all summer long on OP's, (other peoples) boats. sold the 96 sport a few years ago. as i said above i work on alot the boats in my neighborhood, I can grab one of them anytime i like and i do, for some reason people trust you when you work on them for them,
When my new batch of kids get a couple years older I'll be back in the market. maybe a mastercrap...... yeah right. and ya know something I have a 22 thompson that we keep on lake Erie for fishing. sometimes it;s like working at the doughnut shop, you dont eat the doughnuts
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-14-2006 at 4:00pm
know what you guys mean any boat is better then no boat. I only lasted three months after I sold my sport nautique before I found my 87 for a heck of a deal.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 7:53am
tim, everybody has a friend or two like that
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 10:16am
the only downfall for me is that I don't / can't boat everyday.
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-16-2006 at 9:25pm
PBLC your 88 looks exactly like my brothers 88. His was red also. Does your interior have white seats with, red and black stripes and gray carpet?
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2006 at 9:49am
Yes to the white seats with red/black stripes.

No to the gray carpet, ours is black.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic