Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 97 GT 40 where is the circuit breaker for the low
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

97 GT 40 where is the circuit breaker for the low

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nhhandyman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nhhandyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 97 GT 40 where is the circuit breaker for the low
    Posted: May-17-2024 at 6:38pm
Went to get the 97 running and believe I'm running into an issue with the low pressure pump. Remove the pump gave it 12 volts get runs however I do not hear the pump engage when I turn the ignition to the run position before trying to start. You used to hear a little bit of a click don't hear it anymore

Lots of mention of the circuit breaker tripping however the three possible circuit breakers near the back of the engine I'm not sure which is which.

Is there a diagram somewhere?
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2024 at 8:43am
There are two relays on the back on the engine. Go ahead and replace both. You can take them to the parts store for a match. There happens to be a thread in engine repair (top of the list of recents) with pic. This topic is in FAQ as well. Prob with part numbers for the relays.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2024 at 9:03am
It's the 15 amp breaker, but there are other things that may be keeping your pumps from running.

Have you checked/replaced the ECM and fuel pump relays back near the breakers

PCM part number is R130011A or a  part number that you can find locally for the relays is Echlin AR-174 at any NAPA store or there are plenty of cross references to that number. too.

It's always good to have a pair on hand for troubleshooting or to maybe save the day when your fuel pumps quit working Both relays have to be good for the fuel pumps to run.

In the link is the PCM gt40 manual and if you look at pages 6-8 and 6-9 you'll find the fuel pump circuitry.

You can also read about the STO connector .and it 's function for testing the circuitry. both in the manual and here on CCF in old threads about non start issues.

It's easy to do the test with a small jumper wire.

You could refer to the thread in the link for some good info including the STO connector test.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nhhandyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2024 at 5:46pm
Thanks. I had a relay in my toolbox from something but the pinout is different. I'll pick up a few spares at Napa on Monday and cross my fingers 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nhhandyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2024 at 7:22am
Just ordered two from Amazon - the part numbers are a little confusing as 'universal' is - well - lots of things.
Anyway - I have this R130012 relay in my tool box - Its a HELLA also - 12193611  -  the pin-out is different - I have no idea why I have it now - ah old emails - I think nautiqueparts send me the wrong relay (and I never used it)  RELAY, 12V, GM / FUEL PUMP TBI, # R130012 

Have a great day - hope to get her running on Tuesday!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2024 at 7:42am
I think they sent you the wrong one too  Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nhhandyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-20-2024 at 7:48am
I was new to the boat (this was back in 2018) and never even attempted to install it - just shoved it into the 'boat toolbox' for future use - now I don't know where I'll shove it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic