NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake 24'

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Lake 24'
    Posted: January-25-2024 at 8:48am
The date is in for GL24. Mark your calendar for July 26th weekend for more fun in central Wisconsin.
Hope this rig shows up..

Can't wait. Bring on summer...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

KurtA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurtA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2024 at 12:02pm
New to attending Green Lake or any other reunion event.  I will be driving from SE Ohio.  

Are there hotel recommendations, camping recommendations and other details about the event besides just a date?
1985 Barefoot Nautique
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2024 at 2:19pm

Hi Kurt,
There are plenty of motels, home rentals and a campground right in town.  
The Green Lake Suites
The Bayview motel
The Green Lake Inn
The Green Lake Campground

These are lodging favorites but there is so much more available. 
Check out the chamber website for more information and to get an idea of the town.
More info will be coming soon.

Thanks for checking in. Can't wait for summer..

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2024 at 6:13pm
Can always pass out in the lawn of the goose blind.
KurtA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurtA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2024 at 8:08pm
Any info on the general schedule of the weekend or is that forthcoming? Boat show, skiing/barefooting opportunities, vendors etc.  

1985 Barefoot Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2024 at 12:13pm
Kurt,
The GL reunion ran as a full blown event type reunion for some 15years. The largest year there were over 60 boats and over 150 people in attendance. Since then the site spawned regional reunions (gatherings) all over the country. Today, what we call a reunion has since reduced itself to a gathering for a weekend of friends bringing our cool old boats out on the lake, sharing beers and stories and such.

So...

There is really no "events" scheduled other than all hitting the shallows hanging out and later getting together at the Goose Blind. I know that now sounds disappointing, especially if you've never attended any of the reunions of the past. But we still do have a lot of fun and invite you to come hang with us regardless. People that come are the very best you could ever meet. If you have an old boat, You'll learn a ton and smile the whole weekend...

Hope to see ya in July.

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

KurtA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurtA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2024 at 2:17pm
Moj:

thank you for the information, super helpful.  Not disappointed at all, just wanted to know a little more details and that helped.  I have a completely resto-modded 1985 Barefoot Nautique.  It's been a "fun" project and turned out great.  Hoping to get into a lot of barefooting this year.  I'm sure some of the purists will gasp a little at the changes, others will love it.  

I am still planning to make the 9-hour drive assuming nothing gets in the way.  I will likely book a hotel - camping in a tent isn't my thing anymore LOL.  if you guys prefer a certain hotel I am open to a recommendation.
Kurt
1985 Barefoot Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2024 at 7:58am
Originally posted by KurtA KurtA wrote:

Moj:

thank you for the information, super helpful.  Not disappointed at all, just wanted to know a little more details and that helped.  I have a completely resto-modded 1985 Barefoot Nautique.  It's been a "fun" project and turned out great.  Hoping to get into a lot of barefooting this year.  I'm sure some of the purists will gasp a little at the changes, others will love it.  

I am still planning to make the 9-hour drive assuming nothing gets in the way.  I will likely book a hotel - camping in a tent isn't my thing anymore LOL.  if you guys prefer a certain hotel I am open to a recommendation.
Kurt

The Bayview usually gets the nod because its the only hotel on the water with available boat parking. Second is Green Lake Suites, which used to be called the Lakeside inn. Its right across from the main ramp.

Check in from time to time. More will be added and plans to meet up etc will get set etc.

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

KurtA View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KurtA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2024 at 8:11am
Thank you Moj.

Bayview is booked in case anyone is looking at that hotel :(

I'll probably make a reservation somewhere this week since it seems those hotels seem to book fast in the summer.

Kurt

1985 Barefoot Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic