Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1965 Ford 260 Flywheel

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1965 Ford 260 Flywheel
    Posted: September-04-2023 at 9:44am
Anyone have or know where to buy a flywheel for a 65 CC Mustang with a Ford 260?
Does anyone know how many teeth on the flywheel?
Also would it be the same flywheel as a 289 or 302?
Ty
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2023 at 5:48pm
It's 157 teeth, same as 289 and early 302before about 83, when the balance of the engine was changed and the flywheel went from 28 oz. imbalance to 50 oz.

Not sure if for some reason you need a whole flywheel with the ring gear installed or if maybe you have chewed up teeth on the one you have now and could just replace the ring gear.

Here's a thread in the link with aftermarket part numbers for the complete flywheel with ring gear and also part numbers for just the ring gear.

Ring gear replacement is pretty straightforward with a few common tools.

Just ask if you want a little writeup.

And........if you're replacing the flywheel or just bolting the old one back on, the bolt holes aren't evenly spaced and symmetric and it'll only bolt on one way. This is to make sure you don't screw up the balance of the engine Wink

Most any auto place should be able to get what you need

link
wsavini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote wsavini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2024 at 8:39pm
I found this but I thought you sent me a part# also. I’ll keep looking.

Ty
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2024 at 6:50am
Couple of part numbers for a flywheel with ring gear installed are in the link in the second post, here they are again.

ATP Z401

Pioneer FW-163

Edit.......Also LUK LFW451. it's less pricey than the others Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic