NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Misc parts 87 S/N, 86 Silver N

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JamoJones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamoJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Misc parts 87 S/N, 86 Silver N
    Posted: August-03-2023 at 3:40pm
Hi All,

Looking for a few things:

'87 S/N 2001...PSI dash gauge, ignition switch face/lock nut (or switch w/keys), vent grilles, any or all 3

'86 Silver Nautique 2001...bow light, stern light mount with light pole (aftermarket plastic junk now), vent grilles, one or all 3, they look to be the same as the '87, used marine distributor (I have a Jegs DUI on order, not shipped until 9/20).  I'd take anything cheap just to run it, I'll even return it if you'd like when my electronic DUI comes in.  Chevy 350, rotation does not matter.

Thanks Guys...

Jamo

1986 Silver Nautique #49 of 82
1987 Ski Nautique 2001
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2023 at 7:53pm
This may seem like a silly idea, but why not buy the alternative distributor mentioned in your other post?

This one in the link

You may like it enough that you cancel the Jeg's order or you may decide to keep  the DUI on order too and when it comes in you can  swap it in place of the A Team and sell it or keep it and  you'll have every replacement/troubleshooting part you need since all the parts from the A team distributor will work in the DUI.

The advance curve is decent and it's got the same "meets USCG standards" pedigree as the DUI.

Loosely translated that means that neither has been tested and certified  by an independent outfit to receive USCG approval........they just say it meets the requirements. A bit of a play on words Wink

It'll get you running and then you can decide what to do

If you got an old Prestolite or Mallory for example you'd need different plug wires, an external coil and  a ballast resistor if it has points and the price may start adding up to about the same as the A team distributor

They're both basically a clone of a  GM HEI distributor that was high tech in 1976 (edit really 1974) when it was born.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2023 at 8:38pm
And you left out the best part- It's Red! 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
JamoJones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamoJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2023 at 7:13am
First of all, sorry this is in the "for sale" section.  I was searching both and thought I posted in the "wanted" section.
I think you are right on the clone. I'll think about it, but it does make sense.

Can one of you PooBahs move this over to Wanted for me, or should I repost.  I'll eliminate the distributor foolishness.

Thanks Guys...
1987 Ski Nautique 2001
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2023 at 7:22am
What do you think this is Planet Nautique or something? Where everything gets put in the right place

This is CCF where you can post just about anything in any section and it never gets moved.

Just doing another post in the Wanted section would be easiest Wink
JamoJones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamoJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2023 at 11:05am
Well isn't that disappointing.  Here I thought I was on cutting edge, not bleeding edge where I usually seem to be.  Ha...
I just bit on your suggestion and ordered the Chinese knock off.  I have over a month to use it to decide on the other.
Thanks Keno...

1987 Ski Nautique 2001
AZ86SKI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ86SKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2023 at 2:55pm
If you are still looking for the vent grills they are available at Nautique Parts (SKU 62402). I replaced mine (86SN) and the mounting alignment holes were fairly close. A few minor adjustments but they worked out fine and looked much better new. 
JamoJones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamoJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2023 at 3:58pm
Thanks AZ, appreciate the info...
1987 Ski Nautique 2001
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2023 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by JamoJones JamoJones wrote:

Well isn't that disappointing.  Here I thought I was on cutting edge, not bleeding edge where I usually seem to be.  Ha...
I just bit on your suggestion and ordered the Chinese knock off.  I have over a month to use it to decide on the other.
Thanks Keno...

Just so you know, you're not the first guy around here to put in a Chinese knock off.

Here's a thread in the link below where CBR1000 dude put a Chinese Ford  marine distributor from a different outfit in with good results.

The "dude" never did write up a report like was asked for, but it was still running this summer with some non ignition related problems

There have been others that did a homegrown conversion  of an automotive one to their version pf a marine distributor

And then there are those who just used an automotive one and haven't had the big boom yet anyways Wink
JamoJones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamoJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2023 at 11:41am
Hi Keno,
Just wanted to do a follow up on my boat.  I did purchase and install the knock off from the link you provided above.  We've been up north at our family camp for the last two weeks and did the repairs up there.  All is good, ran almost10 flawless hours with the C-KO.  I do believe I will cancel the JEGS order...
1987 Ski Nautique 2001
ErnieJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErnieJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2024 at 2:42pm
Jamo, did you find your parts for your '86 or '87? I have an '87 S/N 2001 also and am parting it out. I have all of the pieces you mentioned for your two boats. Let me know what you may still need and I can send pics of any items needed.
ErnieJ
Matt97sport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt97sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2024 at 10:51am
Do you have any parts for an 85 nautique 2001?
ErnieJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErnieJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2024 at 8:09pm
Matt, What do you need?
The main parts I have left are: drivers seat, gas tank, rudder and post, windshield, teak swim platform with brackets, and the observers seat base and plywood base and back with foam. no skins on the seat components 
ErnieJ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic