NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

velvet drive removal question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: velvet drive removal question
    Posted: April-24-2023 at 8:55am
Hello to the group, yes I am still rebuilding the Southwind.
Yes, I have been on a long hiatus..
Can anyone tell me the name of this bolt?? circled in Red?
Can anyone tell me how this comes out??

Appreciate it-0

bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2023 at 9:51am
Hard to tell from pic but looks like it might be a dowel for alignment? If all the other bell housing bolts are removed you should be able to split it
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2023 at 10:33am
Like BWinn said............it's a locating dowel and there's another one in the same spot on the other side on your SBC

Here's a picture from a kinda rusty truck engine

Sometimes a little rust/corrosion on the dowels makes getting the bellhousing off a little harder.

The dowel stays in the block/

No fair beating on things, just some gentle persuasion and penetrating oil and some wigglin' and jigglin' helps

'Bout time you got going again on this thing Wink

Unbolting the transmission from the bellhousing first might make things easier too. 
Brett View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2023 at 10:41am
Thanks...
i let the time get away from me...
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2023 at 10:48am
6 bolts/studs hold the transmission to the bellhousing and with those off, it should slide right out of the damper plate splines unless they're heavily rusted.

Then getting the bellhousing off to get at the damper, flywheel etc. involves less weight to be moving around to get the bellhousing off the dowels,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic