NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nauti Logic upgrade for 725s

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nauti Logic upgrade for 725s
    Posted: March-14-2023 at 10:03am
Does anyone know if the sweep of the Nauti Logics will go all the way to 50 on the 725 speedometers?
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2023 at 11:41am
It does on mine
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2023 at 1:17pm
Thanks Scott.  Weren't sure if we needed an updated face.

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2023 at 1:20pm
Scott, Do you know what happens if you go past 50 to say 55?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2023 at 4:27am
 Bruce, You guys Footin at 55 MPH these Days? No Nauti should even go that fast. They weren't designed for speed!! Wink
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2023 at 8:38am
Fake news? For the most part- as NauticLaugic advertises- you generally lose at least 5mph from the full scale when following their standard calibration procedures. The larger the (mph) face, the larger the loss can be- it’s an angular limitation of the servo driving the needle. Speedos with 50mph Airguide faces will generally stop at 45mph when converted. The needle will cease to move once it gets to the final cal point (the servo won’t attempt to turn all the way to its stops).

See FAQ: https://nauticlaugic.com/agr_faq.html

That said, I bet it’s possible you can skew the lower end (limiting the low speed travel and accuracy) and gain up to full scale back (at the high end)… but you will need to be savvy when calibrating.

If you need accuracy at both ends of the dial, like you would if pulling little kids, swivelers, surfers, etc on the low end (and footing up top), then you should probably use a larger scale (range) gauge.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2023 at 8:50am
Tim M, not footing, but boat in my photo runs a little over 50.  We got the kits recently and are debating whether to use current faces.  I'll have to read FAQ. Last kit we bought we were able to get KM faces which went to 80 so didn't have the issue. Going to 45 probably takes care of most footers and the ones that can go faster probably don't care exactly how fast they are going.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic