NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEW! Posting Photos From Phone or Computer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW! Posting Photos From Phone or Computer
    Posted: February-02-2023 at 8:48pm
Per Ken's request/suggestion, and per Ken's efforts in finding a relatively easy way to post photos, here is a step by step process.

1.  Have photos you want to post in your phone gallery or on your computer.
2.  Open website imgbb.com
(no need to sign in, sign up, or register unless you want to)
3. click or tap on "select images to upload"
4. Go to your gallery or computer and select photo(s)
(Leave autodelete option on "dont delete")
5. click or tap "Upload"
6.  In the "Embed codes" box, scroll to and select  "BBCode full linked"
7. in the box at the bottom of the page where the photo URL shows up,  tap or click "copy"
8. Open your CCF reply and tap and paste or click and paste.
9. Voila, its there. (Note: it wont show up until you view preview or post it)

I suppose 8 steps sounds like a lot, but its mostly quick easy point and clicks (or taps)  Goes quickly and easily.  Give it a try.

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2023 at 7:09am
Thanks 75 Tique.

This should be 'pinned' 
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2023 at 12:04pm

Easier than the old way actually.
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2023 at 12:24pm
Good easy to understand writeup Larry   Thumbs Up
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2023 at 1:52pm
Benefits of retirement.  Perhaps Larry could do a YouTube video of this process and post here as well

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2023 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Benefits of retirement.  Perhaps Larry could do a YouTube video of this process and post here as well

I can already hear the ragtime music in the background ...
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2023 at 3:36pm

Lets see if this works...........tried to post this "Elephant" a week or so ago.  
SRB
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2023 at 3:55pm

Ok my turn!

1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2023 at 3:57pm
Thanks Larry!
1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2023 at 5:21pm
Birds of a feather

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2023 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2023 at 9:12am
A little test with some fun winter pics. If I can’t go boating I may as well prepare. Used lift I picked up last summer. Hope all are well.

When I copied, an advertisement link was also in there. Just deleted and good to go. This is pretty nice.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2023 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Kristof Kristof wrote:

Thanks 75 Tique.

This should be 'pinned' 

Posted this procedure to this pinned post. 
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2023 at 10:20am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Well done Larry!  That would take me 9 hours and 27 calls to my various kids for advice.
brhillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brhillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2023 at 11:28pm
So much better! Thanks Ken and Larry for figuring this out and writing it up!

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2023 at 6:20am
Okay…. Here’s my crack at this…..

Pic #1 -- Never underestimate the Pulling Power of an 88' SN!  I drug a 32'x32' ft dock 15 miles to upgrade the single slip dock to a double slip..

Pic #2 2022 Nautique Regatta here on Lanier with HOF Shaun Murray with The GOAT Andy Mapple 

Pic #3 Three are mine plus Fossets BFN all tied up! Ain't she Pretty?

Pic #4 Kudo's to Samudj01 for the inspiration and idea of the Correct Craft Kamado on the back deck here at the Morfoot Marina!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2023 at 8:20am
Originally posted by brhillman brhillman wrote:

So much better! Thanks Ken and Larry for figuring this out and writing it up!

All I really did was some searching because I remembered somebody posting at some point that they used IMGBB to post pictures from their phone.

It was a "frustrated" gun_driver post back in 2018 and OldSchoolBlue84 told how he did it. Click on the link farther down in the quote below from the "Elephant" thread'

I figured I'd give it a shot, plated around a little in IMGBB and it was pretty easy and Larry put it into some easy to understand words.

I'd also guess that plenty of people had been doing it for years with IMGBB or some other 3rd party photo hosting service but not posting about how easy it was.

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Well, I guess it's time to say something like "Holy crap, I just posted the picture in the above post from my phone using IMGBB".................and it wasn't  hard  and I didn't have to ask a little kid or anybody else for any helpWink

The hard part would be putting into words what I did, but it was straightforward and not hard to do..

The biggest thing to get out of this is that if I can do it.............well most anybody should be able to do it with a little bit of practice.

The other pictures a few days ago were on a laptop using IMGBB.

Now somebody else who knows how to do this from a phone needs to come along and explain in plain easy to understand English, how to do it.

And..............never again let it be said that posting pictures from a phone is almost impossible on CCF since a relative "phone dummy" just did it. You don't use any of the CCF photo posting software, the picture is pasted from in my case, IMGBB.

I seem to think gun_driver mentioned IMGBB a while back

Edit...............A little digging says that he learned it from Old School Blue 84 back in 2018

Click on link below for that thread

brhillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brhillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2023 at 11:21am
Well regardless, the effort spent playing around with it and writing it up for everyone is appreciated. I spent some time trying to get direct hosting from Google photos to work after reading the “elephant” thread without much luck.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2023 at 12:13pm
Tim, 2 comments on your pictures.  First, what a great dock setup with the deck above providing shelter!  That is pretty close to perfection.  Second, I feel that the platform on your dock Kamado (I had to look up what a Kamado was) is too narrow, hard to stand on it after a few beers without taking a fall.

You should get some dry ice and send a plume of "smoke" out of the 2 exhaust ports. Smile
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2023 at 6:15am
David, I was truly lucky when I scored that used dock. Seeing as how the price of a new aluminum 2 story dock is over $60k I got a great deal on it. I did have quite a bit of work to do on it as it has Gen 1 Trex decking on it which is heavy as crap and the dock company who made didn't allow room for the boards growing in the sun, The upper deck had a slight church steeple effect, so every board had to be removed and trimmed to prevent it from happening.again and so they'd lay flat. Also had to run power and outlets to be able to use lifts as needed. and power for blenders or whatever.

The "platform" is nothing but a trimmed down 2x10 to allow placement of BBQ sauce, cold beer or tongs for the smoker. inside the stern on the sides of smoker is where I store smoking chips, and charcoal. Pretty cool set up for us CC guys. definitely a conversation piece when we have friends over for some Q! Plans are to use the bow as a wood storage box for the fireplace. I gotta engineer a way to hinge the upper deck and close out the back to keep critters out. 
 Good idea on the dry ice out the exhaust. . Maybe a dryer vent hose off the top  of the smokerto the exhaust oulets would work.Wink
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
1980SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2023 at 11:24am

It works well from my iPhone. Even though the image is rotated when I upload the picture on imgbb, when I posted it here it was the correct orientation. Thank you guys for writing this up! My first picture posting.
1980 SN Project
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2023 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

David, I was truly lucky when I scored that used dock. 

It's all about being in the right place at the right time bud Wink
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic