NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

End-Of-Summer Nautique Party

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End-Of-Summer Nautique Party
    Posted: September-26-2022 at 1:01pm
The summer of 2022 is slowly winding down here.  Those in the South still have plenty of warm days ahead, but out west in the mountains, summer runs from May through September.

The Quest Clan made it's annual trek to Lake Powell last week.  It was an expedition to be remembered.  We spent a week on our houseboat in Last Chance Bay.  16 close friends and more than enough food for twice that many.

Daily activities:  Ski.  Eat.  Ski.  Nap.  Ski.  Play cards.  Ski.  Eat.  Rinse.  Repeat.

Sore backs.  Blisters.  A few sun burns.  Bone tired.  One small head wound from an out-the-front.  OUTSTANDING week.  

Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2022 at 2:42pm
Sounds like a great time!  And if that picture doesn't end up in the calendar something is wrong.

What were air and water temps?  Your SNOB do all the towing, or was there another ski boat there?
JamoJones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamoJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2022 at 4:00pm
Nice pic.  I'm new here and don't know the humor ins and outs, but it looks like you are being towed.  Since the tow boat is out of the picture, should I assume it a M*****Craft?  Ha...
1986 Silver Nautique #49 of 82
1987 Ski Nautique 2001
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2022 at 4:26pm
63:  Daytime high temps between mid 80's to low 90's.  Night time temps in the low 60's.  Water temp was 76.  Rain one day.  Wind one day.  The balance was outstanding.  The little Red SNOB did all the ski pulls.  We also had a Malibu surf / wake boat and 23 foot Crownline cruiser boat there for the non-skiing sports.

Jamo:  The Ski Nautique is at anchor using the Anchor Buddy system.  The bow line is attached to a land anchor spike.  The stern line is the stretchy Anchor Buddy line attached to a box anchor.  As for towing the boats, the houseboat towed both the Ski Nautique and the Malibu surf boat for ingress and egress to our site in Last Chance Bay

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2022 at 4:39pm
Sounds like it was near perfection!

Funny, a few years ago I was doing sandbars a bit and almost bought the land spike/anchor buddy combo to make things easier.  Didn't buy at the time, and haven't had a need lately, but really liked that system.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2022 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

Daily activities:  Ski.  Eat.  Ski.  Nap.  Ski.  Play cards.  Ski.  Eat.  Rinse.  Repeat.

I don't see any potty time in there, you must have been kinda bloated Wink
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2022 at 10:36am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

I don't see any potty time in there, you must have been kinda bloated Wink

Houseboat.  75’ LOA. 15’ beam.  28 tons DWT.  2 heads for bloating mitigation.

As the houseboat and Ski Nautique were under my command, I’ve promoted myself to Commodore Quest.  You may approach and kiss the ring.

CQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2022 at 12:33pm
In Star Trek most commodores end up blown up or sacrificed to Romulans.  You might last longer demoted to deck swab.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2022 at 12:54pm
Looks like a perfect Vacation JQ, we used to do that every year at Shasta Lake, many fond memories.
Love the picture of your boat on the water.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 3:17pm
What did you do for fuel in the ski boats ?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 5:43pm
The houseboat has 250 gallons of gasoline in a “toy tank”.  The fuel station set-up comes complete with hose and pump.  

The surf boat is thirsty, but the SNOB is easy on gas.  I’ve never run the toy tank all the way empty.

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
AZ86SKI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ86SKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2022 at 8:47pm
Hey JQ,

Amazing photo!! I'm surprised how high the water level actually is. I kept hearing stories of how low it was, that's what I get for not confirming for myself. Sounds like a great time and glad you all enjoyed it. Are you sure it was a houseboat and not a fuel tanker, sounds more like a fuel tanker to me? Big smile I nominate Commodore Quest for an "Out West in the Mountains Reunion" sometime in the distant future, since my boat is still a work in progress and currently is considered an anchor buddy. Big smile I also agree that photo would look great in the calendar!

tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2022 at 2:07pm
10-4 on calendar pic.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2022 at 7:59am
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

And if that picture doesn't end up in the calendar something is wrong.
Exactly Thumbs Up
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2022 at 8:21pm
This is the OFBG (old, fat, bald guy) skiing in front of the houseboat on our last night.  34 mph.  32 off.

Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic