NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

50’s and pocket bikes...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 50’s and pocket bikes...
    Posted: October-28-2006 at 10:35pm
Really wanted to see that bike Hollywood! Here's mine, and after riding it awhile, Heidi had to have her own...

And yep, now it's two Honda's, one Ford, a Jeep, and a Correct Craft powered by GM.(not that anyone's counting) LOL!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 12:47am
I have to try those things out. Looks like a riot.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 8:07am
Sweet! Any engine mods yet? I have a Yamaha TTR50.I've done the bars,seat,springs,air cleaner and rejetted,but haven't done a big bore yet.I'll try to get a pic up later today.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 9:33am
I bought a 110 cc for my 8 year old, he cant touch the ground and is a little afraid of it, they are great for the $$$$ maybe next year, my two youngest love riding with me though, its in there blood
"the things you own will start to own you"
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 9:54am
TTR's are sweet! I've done the BBR front and rear, and K&N. No engine mods yet as my 9 year old is just learning to ride. That coupled with the fact that my buddies and I ride after cocktails, well 35 is fast enough. (For now LOL)
Coming from riding street and dirt, I think that they are a great way to introduce the kids to dirt. The three speed auto works great and they are bullet-proof. Eric you're right, can't beat them for the $!
M3 - Anytime!

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 10:14am
If you don't mind, what do these little babies cost?
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 10:22am
Not at all. New from Honda, around $1100. You can find them used everywhere for around $650 or so. EBAY is a great place for all the parts, but if you go new, the front springs $50.00, Taller seat $100, bigger bars and cables $200.00 and the rear shock about $50.00. The parts are so a 250lb person can ride them. I come from a really big family and we do 2-3 camping trips a year. Between bathroom runs for the ladies and the kids out running around, the bike never gets shut off! We left the stock exhaust so they are also really quiet and don't offend. We'll have to do some beers and riding soon!
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-29-2006 at 11:22am
   It's great to be able to tell your wife they are for the kids!Truth is......

Looks like we may need to have a 50cc National Championship at the next reunion.

I looked at a 110 last week,but knew if I bought it I'd already have 3k into hop ups!
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 12:21am
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

It's great to be able to tell your wife they are for the kids!Truth is......

SHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
About 30 of us got together today for grilling, riding bikes, and listening to Bears radio (first half anyway)

My buddy Tim "testing" out my new suspension mods, and my better half on hers:

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 9:36am
I take it you can just toss these in the back of an SUV for transport, right? I have to get one now. Any reccommended brands/models?
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 10:20am
Yeah they fit most everywhere! Most all of us have the Honda CRF50. When you see it in the stores bone stock it's tiny! Need to add the upgrades, but they take a beating. The Yamaha is really nice as well, not as many aftermarket parts...yet! You're more than welcome to come out and give it a ride~
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2006 at 1:06pm

Ken and Joel,
I think I paid in the 300s for mine from ebay. Destroyed a bearing in the first summer, had to find a shop here that carried the specific size. A buddy or two helped crack the seat and fairing. It was all removed, ya know, to cut weight, vroom vroom.
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 10:07am
Now that I think of it, I only rode it once this summer.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 10:12am
After a little shopping around, I have to say these are pretty pricey and seem to really hold their value. A good condition Honda with no mods can fetch ~800.00 used and new they are nearly 1500.00. You could probably use one all summer and sell it for the same price you paid used.
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 11:18am
Originally posted by M3Fan M3Fan wrote:

After a little shopping around, I have to say these are pretty pricey and seem to really hold their value. A good condition Honda with no mods can fetch ~800.00 used and new they are nearly 1500.00. You could probably use one all summer and sell it for the same price you paid used.

That's really true. They can be rebuilt so easily that every year is in demand. Got a guy here at the shop that is selling his 06 for $1100.00. Has the front/rear springs, seat, skid plate, and bar kit for it. Does need a brake lever and a front seal on the fork. Runs great (as they all do)A great deal!
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 11:20am
BTW - Love the custom "engine tuning tool" on the pocket bike! What size is the motor?
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2006 at 12:30pm
IIRC it is 49cc

Can't forget another speed mod, no rear brake.
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 5:03pm
Mine is a little different but still fun. Built from scratch by the family a couple of years ago.

Will do about 45. Great for running around town. Definetly grabs more attention than anything I have ever driven before.

Here is my brother on his
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2006 at 5:26pm
Maybe I can just write "Honda" on my new Rankin cover.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic