NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Troubleshooting an acceleration bog/hesitation

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
brhillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brhillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2023 at 2:48pm
Pump diaphragm is new, and I’ve had the issue with two different diaphragms in there. Could try replacing again though. Adjusted linkage for zero tolerance (with throttle at idle position), and verify first movement of throttle initiates the pump squirt. And I think the fact that I DO get an initial surge of acceleration immediately I think suggests that I am indeed getting a strong squirt off the start.
91NaughtyQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 91NaughtyQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2023 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by brhillman brhillman wrote:

Pump diaphragm is new, and I’ve had the issue with two different diaphragms in there. Could try replacing again though. Adjusted linkage for zero tolerance (with throttle at idle position), and verify first movement of throttle initiates the pump squirt. And I think the fact that I DO get an initial surge of acceleration immediately I think suggests that I am indeed getting a strong squirt off the start.

I am not near the expert others are but what you have done sounds right to me.  Just putting this out there - have you done a rebuild on the carb?

Gary
1991 Ski Nautique
(Previous)1984 Ski Nautique 2001
brhillman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brhillman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2023 at 9:26pm
Yup, I’ve actually rebuilt it twice now! Couple more things to try. Still need to check if the secondaries are opening too soon and watch the pump shot under a hard pull with the flame arrestor off (need a good day with two adults and no children in the boat which is hard to come by at the moment). I hate throwing parts at a problem but getting to the point where it’d be nice to try a new carb with factory specs, at least to confirm I’m barking up the right tree and have a better idea of the baseline I’m starting with. Like I said the boat was not running great when I bought it and it’s tons better now but not much idea of what others have done to it before me. There were quite a bit of tool marks inside the carb from previous “rebuild” efforts from previous “mechanics”.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic