Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nappa part numbers for 2001 super air nautique.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nappa part numbers for 2001 super air nautique.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mjstonework122@hotma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjstonework122@hotma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nappa part numbers for 2001 super air nautique.
    Posted: July-12-2022 at 10:09am
Thanks in advance for any reply. So I called Napa to see if they could cross the part numbers that I did have And came up with nothing.
I'm looking for Napa part numbers for A GT40 stator. also part number for ignition control modgule Motorcraft f1sf-12a297-c1a.
Also I'm having a hard time with The idol. it fluctuates then dies I also noticed that there was spark while the boat was off. Like I heard a crackling noise coming from under the distributor cap While the boat was not running . Pulled off the Ignition coil wire and touch the Ignition coil and Yup got a spark.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2022 at 12:42pm
You should probably click on the thread in the link below. It's an ongoing thread right now

Plenty of confusion and info on the TFI 4 module

The number you gave was on your present one I'd imagine.

It's a Ford engineering number, not really a Motorcraft part number

The reading will probably lead you to an Echlin TP 29 module

Not sure what part you're calling the stator, could you mean the PIP inside the distributor?

PS if you go to the linked thread you'll see the same engineering number that you just gave.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2022 at 4:27pm
Ford calls it a stator, PCM calls it PIP Ford part number is FOSZ-12A112-A you can possibly cross reference to the others
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2022 at 6:10pm
Here's a link to a Planet Nautique thread with a Motorcraft part number and a Standard part number that should be an easy cross reference to an Echlin number at NAPA.

The Gary S in that thread is Gary S on CCF's twin brother. I can't remember which one is the bigger parts hoarder  Wink

link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjstonework122@hotma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2022 at 10:39am
Thanks for linking me to the threads. it was very helpful. Just one more thing though. if I opt to get a new distributer how do i know if I should get a steel gear or cast iron?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2022 at 11:24am
You want a cast iron gear

Spectra FD-14 is a brand and part number tossed around a lot in these discussions.

It has the right gear on it.

You can cross reference to other brands, but make sure you verify the gear material.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2022 at 11:39am
In keeping with your NAPA theme here's a link to a new one, a NAPA remanufactured one and some pieces parts like the stator/pickup coil/PIP

The new one says cast iron gear, the reman doesn't say anything about the gear, but they came with a cast iron gear originally. You could verify with NAPA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjstonework122@hotma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2022 at 11:01pm
ok, so, I'm in need of help with diagnosing the problem at hand.  I threw the parts on and it didn't fix it...how can I pull codes on this boat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjstonework122@hotma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2022 at 10:40am
The boat starts, then after about ten seconds, rpm fluctuate, then stall. I can keep it running by increasing rpm to about 1700 but it still acts like it wants to stall.
i noticed that there was a crackling noise coming from the distributer cap while ignition was on but engine not running. i pulled the main wire off of the coil and got a zap. 
it doesn't do this every time. other time it had a bunch of buzzing coming from the relay area.while engine off. 
I've replaced the distributor and the ignition control module but the same problem exists.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjstonework122@hotma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2022 at 9:16pm
I just figured out how to pull a code and got code 63 throttle position sensor voltage low .
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2022 at 11:01pm
Sounds like the TPS is either bad or needs adjustment.

I suppose since you have voltage to the coil when the key is on and the engine isn't running, the spark can happen, but it doesn't seem "normal" either. The 2 relays have power too for a few seconds when the key is on and the engine isn't running then the PIP tells the ECM the engine isn't running and power to the pumps goes away, (ECM takes away the ground for the fuel pump relay, ECM relay still has power))

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjstonework122@hotma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2022 at 10:34pm
OK all that makes good sense I hope it's just a bad throttle position sensor . The sparking under the rotatorcap is definitely not normal because it keeps going and going and going and going. As far as the tps could somthing elts be failing and causing it to have low voltage? While poking around with stuff I did take it off for a moment could that have caused the code?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2022 at 7:29am
Here's a link to a good video about testing your TPS

it's a 5.0 in a Mustang with wheels  but who cares, all the numbers and the testing procedures are the same.

link

If you go to page 2A-9 of the 301 page gt40 manual, there's a chart with the numbers you should see at different throttle positions.

I guess I'm assuming you have the manual, it's in the CCF reference section Wink

I think the poking around could have caused it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjstonework122@hotma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2022 at 9:20am
Thank you I found it and I will do the test tonight.. back to the original post on this thread, what is a good vehicle match for looking up automotive parts. Year and sutch? I know not everything will cross but is there a good match from ford.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2022 at 7:11pm
There is no perfect vehicle match since they all used O2 sensors and the boat engine doesn't.

Lots of parts interchange like you already know and if you were to dig through the "poorman's gt40 diagnosis thread" you'll probably find a Ford or Motorcraft part number for all the associated gt40 related parts like sensors, injectors, ECMs, TFI modules etc.

Things are scattered all over that thread Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjstonework122@hotma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2022 at 12:22pm
OK so I have replaced the
map sensor,
the idle air control valve,
the Ignition module,
the Distributor,
the Ignition coil..
I recently replaced placed
the low pressure pump,
the high pressure pump,
and put a new filter on here. I'm still getting code 87 and 96. I'm starting to think it's the ECM does anyone know how to get my hands on one of those.. I should have disclosed some more back story on this boat. It did halfway sink at one point. Maybe 3 years ago. It certainly makes me think it could be electrical. Also the last thing I did before this problem began was do some work on the muffler. I removed the riser removed the hose to the muffler and did some patchwork on the fiberglass. that opening is now slightly smaller. Could this be something that caused the problem.?

It does not seem to be cycling on the low pressure pump during key on position. Any ideas? I'm really leaning towards the ECM.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2022 at 12:32pm
You're only about halfway through the list of stuff you could replace Wink

Have you done the easy stuff like check/replace the relays for the ECM and fuel pumps. Replace both because either one being bad will keep the pumps from running.

Have you tried the STO connector jumper with the key on engine off to see if the pumps run?

Here's a link to some discussion on the jumper

So I guess right now the boat won't run or starts for a couple of seconds and turns off?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2022 at 12:54pm
Here's a link to where you can get a gt40 ECM

It'll be a used automotive ECM from the 80's that's been reprogrammed for the gt40 engine.

Never dealt with the place but it seems that people who've bought from him have been happy.

I'd pay the core charge, keep your original and find a place to test and repair it if it's broke Wink

Also Nautiqueparts and Miami Nautiques will sell you the same thing (used, reprogrammed)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic