Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Installing new exhaust hose

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Installing new exhaust hose
    Posted: July-04-2022 at 10:36pm
Hi everyone,
('78 Nautique)
So I had the hoses attached to the elbow with them double clamped tightly, or so I thought. As I started to push the hose downward to create a bend and meet the mufflers, I had to push so hard that the hose slipped right off, The elbows are powder coated at the end so I wonder if the surface is too slick.
I then tried to create a bend manually outside the boat by holding the ends and pushing against a pole...this produced a nice pancake. As a result, I don't recommend this technique.
Any suggestions on the best way to accomplish this?
Thanks
------------- 
Bellagio Boy
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2022 at 7:33am

I know what you mean when bending these hoses. They are very rigid and don’t cooperate.  I called a friend over to hold one end while I insert into the muffler. Make sure the clamps were extremely tight on the hoses.

NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2022 at 5:38pm
Im going to try working aft to front. Read that it may be essier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic