Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nautique 2001 hull cracks

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
boat rider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat rider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nautique 2001 hull cracks
    Posted: April-26-2022 at 10:18pm
In January I picked up an almost bare hull for a 1983 ski nautique. I have been looking for a parts boat and eventually found one. Realizing that the parts boat will be easier to just make the project the parts boat. One issue I see though is that this boat has a stress crack in the gelcoat on the port side of the hull where it meets the floorboard on the inside. I drove a month ago to Memphis to check out a parts boat with the same issue although the crack went all the way through the fiberglass. We were not made aware of the crack and the guy also could not produce the title he claimed to have had, making us drive home empty handed. Before I purchase this new boat I would like to know if this is a common problem and how I should go about fixing it. Any answers?  
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2022 at 3:53pm
Post a few pictures. If i'm reading it right, the floor has peeled/popped/cracked where it meets the hullside, the actual hull/hullside is not cracked in or out, yes ?

On mine, the whole floor except approx 12 inches in 4 spots was peeled/popped/cracked right off the hull sides, made it easy to pull the floor. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic