Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Muffler installation

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Bama Scott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bama Scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muffler installation
    Posted: April-17-2022 at 3:21pm
89 BFN. I noticed there is a baffle in the muffler. Does the open part of the baffle point downwards?
1989 BFN
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2022 at 10:44pm
Up
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2022 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Bama Scott Bama Scott wrote:

89 BFN. I noticed there is a baffle in the muffler. Does the open part of the baffle point downwards?

You probably have 2 baffles, one at each end of the muffler assuming this is an in line muffler and you have 2 mufflers.

It's a funny shaped baffle and the open circular part of the baffle faces down, not up. 

As the exhaust and water mix comes into the muffler it has to go upwards to get through the hole.

If you hold the muffler up to some light, you can see light all the way through on the bottom (even with the bottom of the hole so there's a small area of the bottom where you won't see light) and just darkness on the top..

And if you have a decal on the muffler, the decal is on the top. Wink
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2022 at 11:45am
I misinterpreted the OPs question. The baffle goes up or on top and the unobstructed area is down. 
What I was saying is the baffle is up which after re-reading the question would be incorrect.
Thanks for explaining it better for him Keno.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic