Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Glove box latch/lock for 1997 Ski Nautique wanted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Glove box latch/lock for 1997 Ski Nautique wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wetskier2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Glove box latch/lock for 1997 Ski Nautique wanted
    Posted: February-03-2022 at 8:05am
anyone got a glove box latch/lock for a 1997 Ski Nautique. The lock cylinder on mine has broken and came out with the key when I attempted to lock it....
Current: 1997 Nautique

Previous: 1987 Nautique

1964 American Skier
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 9:25am
There is a 99 air glove box on eBay
Search ‘ 1999 air nautique glove box
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 9:27am
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NAUTIQUE-Correct-Craft-Center-Walk-Through-Glove-Box-1999-Air-Nautique-/164856376677?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0
nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 11:10am
I am not sure exactly what lock you have, but I am guessing it is like the cam lock on one of my 94 Ski Nautique dash boxes. If all you need is a replacement lock search cam lock on Google and you can easily match the lock you need. I bought a regular key one that came with a couple of different latch arms. I also replaced the cylinder key style cam lock on my Stack On security safe. Easy install and relatively cheap. You should be sure to keep the current latch bar as it may need to be used, didn't have to do that on my boat. It was not a proprietary design. Just a stock cam lock and latch bar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by nobrainsd nobrainsd wrote:

I am not sure exactly what lock you have, but I am guessing it is like the cam lock on one of my 94 Ski Nautique dash boxes. If all you need is a replacement lock search cam lock on Google and you can easily match the lock you need. I bought a regular key one that came with a couple of different latch arms. I also replaced the cylinder key style cam lock on my Stack On security safe. Easy install and relatively cheap. You should be sure to keep the current latch bar as it may need to be used, didn't have to do that on my boat. It was not a proprietary design. Just a stock cam lock and latch bar.

this is what the gull wing seat has, but not the glove box...

... and darn, that 1999 Air glove box is different than mine too...

mine latch is a rectangle about 3/4"x3". To open, push the lock cylinder head, the 3" arm pops up, lift to open glovebox. I'll get a pic when I uncover the boat later today.,,

thanks,

1964 American Skier
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 4:46pm
When all else fails, you could probably use one of these and some velcro  to hold the cover down Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2022 at 7:02pm
no need for the brick... it still latches, just doesn't lock... Not a huge problem, but nice to have lockable storage at some stops...

1964 American Skier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 8:03am
Here's the glove box latch with the busted lock cylinder...

1964 American Skier
audiodude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audiodude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 9:04am
That latch looks a lot like the latches on the RV I used to own.  So maybe try looking for RV parts

1989 Correct Craft 2001

In the words of Milton Berle: "You can lead a man to Congress but you can't make him think"
nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 12:10pm
You would have to check the dimensions, but maybe this would be a replacement? Looks like it would need the latch arm swapped?

Generally it is possible to replace the lock cylinder itself. I don't have a latch like that to look at. The inner key cylinder probably broke free at the point it connects to the latch. Depending on how it was made it might be easy to replace. My safe lock had a formed connection (rather than a nut on the end) and it took a little creativity to combine a new cylinder with the original latch arm. You might consider removing the latch and taking it to a good locksmith. If the latch works I would be surprised if a repair is not possible. Good luck!
nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2022 at 12:26pm
There is a small image of the latch listed above in the catalog which gives you are better idea of how the latch arm looks page 73 image C2. If the latch arm is held on by a nut it is easy to replace the inside key cylinder. 

Security Cabinet company wouldn't help, so I got to play with locks like this more than I expected :)

Show a photo of the latch arm! Nautique Parts does sell a model like this. You might need to extend the latch arm? 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic