Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Orlando Area Ski School

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
80SN Barnfind View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80SN Barnfind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orlando Area Ski School
    Posted: January-19-2022 at 7:18pm
Son and I are heading down to FLA this weekend and he would like to hit a ski school for a couple sets on Mon & Tues.   I know there are a bunch in the Orlando area, just looking for some collective advise from you all to see if there is anyone in particular you would recommend for some slalom course coaching. 

Thanks in advance.
Knowledge comes by taking things apart: analysis. But wisdom comes by putting things together.

wetskier2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 1:23pm
We really enjoyed Swiss Ski School in Clermont a couple years ago... 2 slalom lakes, brand new Nautiques, excellent instruction if desired. And maybe best of all "ALL SLALOM ALL THE TIME"... Lots of places to watch others ski as well...  we stayed in one of the Yert knockoffs... 
Current: 1997 Nautique

Previous: 1987 Nautique

1964 American Skier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80SN Barnfind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2022 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by wetskier2000 wetskier2000 wrote:

We really enjoyed Swiss Ski School in Clermont a couple years ago... 2 slalom lakes, brand new Nautiques, excellent instruction if desired. And maybe best of all "ALL SLALOM ALL THE TIME"... Lots of places to watch others ski as well...  we stayed in one of the Yert knockoffs... 

We called Swiss, re-opens Feb 1, it does look really cool though.  Any others?
Knowledge comes by taking things apart: analysis. But wisdom comes by putting things together.

wetskier2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2022 at 7:45am
I'm sorry, any of my other ski school experience is decades old. Swiss was recent as we began a Christmas-New Years FL thing. Our Feb FL trips have been with our own boat for the past 20-ish years...
Current: 1997 Nautique

Previous: 1987 Nautique

1964 American Skier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2022 at 9:00am
I've never been to one myself but Jack Travers ski school comes to mind along with Matt Rini's Ski school. Both are Very Prevalent in the slalom ski world. Both use Nautiques, The Worlds were just held at Jack Travers and his son Jon Travers is on the Nautique Ski Team. Whitney McClintok Rini is also a Nautique Team skier and his daughter Paige is on the circuit as well. Both have a pretty good resume of World class skiers so I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing. Several others are out there I'm sure and as we all know.......just google it. The World Barefoot Center is also in the area and several members here have been to Barefoot school if you wanna go that route.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2022 at 11:01am
The Boarding School is awesome and I believe Freddie Winter is back coaching which makes it even better.  Three lakes in three different directions so almost always perfect conditions, although it'll be a bit cold at the moment.  Give Travis at TBS a call and tell him the guys from Iowa sent you!
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2022 at 1:42pm
Second on The Boarding School. Freddie is back now and he’s a great coach. Matt Rini is also a fantastic coach. Both schools can set you up with demo Radar skis and bindings, just give them a call. I’ve been to both of these places and you won’t go wrong either way.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 80SN Barnfind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2022 at 1:46pm
Well, we ended up at Rini's for a fantastic session on Monday.  Son was thrilled with the progression he made throughout the day going 2 sets with Cole Grant coaching.  It was great hanging out for the afternoon talking and watching others in between sets too.  Looking forward to going back.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic