Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gps speedo pre-2001 SN

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gps speedo pre-2001 SN
    Posted: December-25-2021 at 12:18pm
Have a 78 Nautique with airguides that could power the fountain at the Bellagio...time to go gps. Been searching the internet but can't figure out right size and/form factor for a friendly swap. Any suggestions?

Thanks
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2021 at 12:48pm
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2021 at 1:59pm
Thanks,
I saw that but i prefer a new unit, not looking to retrofit the speedo itself.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2021 at 8:28pm
Livorsi Marine makes a very nice GPS speedometer.  The 50 MPH version is designed for skiing.  I had one of these units in my old 1994 SNOB.  I wish I had it in my current SNOB.

http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/dc_speedometers.htm

Faria makes a white / black GPS speedo.  I have one in my boat and it works OK...most of the time.

https://www.nautiqueparts.com/product/faria-speedometer-black-stainless-steel-bezel/

JQ

Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-25-2021 at 9:42pm
Thanks!
The Faria instruments have a good look about them.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2021 at 7:26am
Since you have a 78 with the speedometers surface mounted on a piece of black plexiglass, you're gonna need to make a big hole or 2 to mount a GPS speedometer or 2.

Most everything you can buy mounts flush in a big hole, depending on speedometer size, except the NauticLogic conversion that TRB linked in his post.

Not knowing if you're planning on one or 2 speedometers, are you gonna make a new plexiglass piece or try using the old one?
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2021 at 8:44am
Thank you. That's exactly what i was looking to know.

Ideally I'd like 2 just for appearance, but I'm not really up for putting too much money into it so who really knows.
Thanks!
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-26-2021 at 11:20am
Hey Neil, look into the offerings from Stargazer for their GPS speedo's. The offer a couple of different sizes, faceplates for about anything, and customize if you like.

Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic